chapter 39 ~ 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, ANGST, FLUFF, & LITTLE YUMIN

_

     Forehead pressed against the window, I watched cars whizz past Kiana's Jeep as we drove down a four-lane city road, Jimin and Taehyung in front of us, Jungkook behind us, and Yoongi to our right. I stared at his pretty black Audi with a quiet sense of youthful fascination, finding a smile creeping across my face as I caught the brunet's gaze from afar. Yoongi's face looked so pretty, even from such a distance, and I felt an overwhelming sense of longing to be wrapped up in his arms. Deciding against getting emotional, I turned over to face Kiana, a pout pulling my lips down as I cuddled against my seat.

     "Kiana, I'm hungry," I whined, staring up at the brunette with wide, pleading eyes. She glanced down at me for a second, trying hard to keep her eyes trained on the road as a blush crept over her cheeks.

     "I don't have any food in here, Yumi," Kiana admitted, her gaze soft as it locked with mine. I sniffled, feeling tears gather in the corners of my eyes at the rather childish matter at hand. I bit down on my bottom lip to cease its trembling, watching as Kiana's eyes widened nervously. The brunette reached out, her hand brushing over the top of my head and cupping my chin gently. "Yumin, don't cry. Please? We're only an hour away."

     I felt a shiver works its way up my spine, reaching up to wipe the tears from my face. "I-I miss daddy," I whispered, feeling Kiana's gaze bore into my face. I shut my eyes out of pure shame, knowing damn well I shouldn't have missed Yura as much as I did at that moment, but all my pent-up frustration wanted to pour out of me at that moment, and I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

     "Yumin, no-" Kiana was cut off by the buzzing of our phones, the brunette eyeing me for a moment before allowing me to grab my device out of the cup holder on the center console. As I clicked open the messages, Kiana's hand reached down to grab my knee, her fingernails digging into the material of my jeans as she sighed, her eyes locked onto the road. I watched her from the side, mentally cursing myself for speaking aloud before clicking on the group chat.

_

IMESSAGE CHAT

𝐘𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬🥴

TAEHYUNG

Jimin hyung says we need to stop for gas

YOONGI

I need gas, too

JUNGKOOK

There's a gas station a mile ahead

JUNGKOOK

We can stop there

TAEHYUNG

I'll tell hyung

YUMIN

Can we get food?🥺

YUMIN

I'm really hungry

YOONGI

Angel?

YUMIN

Hmm🥺