chapter 104 ~ 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒑

CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SEXUALT ASSUALT, SPIKING, ABUSE, MINOR FLUFF, & ANGST

_

      I told Officer Chay and Officer Han everything they wanted to know about Yura. They asked questions so in-depth that they made it feel as I was reliving everything he'd put me through, at that moment, sitting there in my hospital bed. Han had wanted Jungkook to leave the room since, "...this doesn't concern you, Mr. Jeon," but he'd refused to leave, and I refused to let him. Finally, the blonde had caved and sat down on a chair at the foot of my bed while Officer Chay pulled another chair up beside me with a tape recorder sitting on his knee and a pen twirling about in his fingers.

    I expected some of the questions Chay asked: "How long were you two together?" "What kind of abuse did you endure during your relationship?" "Was he like this in the beginning?"

      "No," I'd replied. "When we first met in college, he was like a normal person. Kind, attractive...a little smoking problem, but back then I thought it was something I could overlook. I didn't think it would turn into a drug addiction later down the line."

      "Do you think his drug addiction fueled the start of his abusive behavior?" asked Chay.

      "I think it had a big part to play, but it didn't start it. Yura started abusing drugs after his mother died back here in Korea. All he has left is his brother. I think that had a bigger role to play in it."

      I wasn't expecting how much information they actually wanted from me. Chay and Han changed places and it was the latter that asked more personal questions that made me feel queasy, all the while Jungkook holding my hand to keep me calm.

      "I understand you and Yura would've been intimate, of course," he started, "being partners and all. Did he ever force you to do things with him?"

       I nodded, but then realized that the recorder wouldn't pick up such a response. "All the time," I spoke. "Later in the relationship, when I realized how abusive he'd really become, it was the majority of the time. I was revolted by him during those times, but he could've cared less." 

       "Yura says you enjoyed it as much as him."

       "You spoke to him?"

       "We brought him to a room right after arresting him and sat him down for a couple of hours. You're right about him being aggressive, alright." A one-sided chuckle.

       "The only reason I enjoyed it," I snapped, "was because he'd beat me if I acted anything other than his stupid slut. The only reason I even touched him the four days he had me was because I needed to get his gun!"

       Officer Han leaned forward almost too eagerly and I pulled back. "Why did you need his gun, Yumin?"

       "So that he didn't hurt me." His questions were beginning to annoy me. "And, so that I had something to use against him."

       "How did that work out for you?"

       "That's enough!" Officer Chay growled from the other end of the room. "Stop with the bullshit Jisung, and just keep on with the actual questions."