chapter 6 ~ 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅

CONTAINS MAJOR FLUFF, HUMOR, & BACKSTORIES

_

     "Tae?" Yoongi stepped hesitantly over the threshold into the hallway, a grey hoodie pulled tight over his head. He watched Taehyung with wild eyes as he shut the door behind him, his gaze lingering over the younger's face. Taehyung took a cautious step forward, his hand outstretched, before stumbling and embracing Yoongi in a hug. Yoongi wrapped his arms tight around Taehyung's waist, burying his head in the crook of his neck.

     Jimin's breath caught in his throat. I wanted to see what was wrong with him but I couldn't take my eyes off the pair by the door, entangled in one another's limbs as they embraced each other. Jungkook stepped out quietly into the hallway, his fists balled. "Yoongi?" he whimpered.

     Yoongi unwrapped himself from Taehyung, rushing forward with a pained smile on his face to embrace the younger man. I could see the muscles in Jungkook's arms twitch as he nearly squeezed the life out of Yoongi. "Hyung, where have you been?" he croaked, pulling away and grabbing Yoongi's face in his hands. 

     "Closer than I realized, I guess," he laughed, pulling Jungkook back into a hug.

     "H-Hyung," Jimin stammered, taking a step forward. Yoongi pulled away from Jungkook, his eyes snapping up to Jimin's. They held eye contact for a few moments, each smiling at each other as if this was the first time they'd seen the other in years. As Yoongi took a step towards Jimin, he broke eye contact, his gaze finding mine.

     "Yumin-ah," he muttered, and I forced a relieved, pain-filled smile onto my face.

     Yoongi rushed forward, pulling both Jimin and me against him. Jimin wrapped his arms around the side of his waist, my arms snaking around Yoongi's neck. We pulled away after a moment, our eyes teary, but for different reasons. Jimin pressed the back of his hand to his eyes, hiding the few tears he began to shed. The emotional atmosphere made my own eyes fill up with tears, the salty substance trickling down my face and neck and soaking the front of my shirt. Yoongi stepped forward and pulled me into a hug; I burrowed my face against his neck to hide from the others.

     "That's who Yura meant by 'that Yoongi character'," Jungkook laughed, resting his chin on Taehyung's shoulder.

     "What's he talking about, Yumin?" Yoongi breathed, pressing a hand against the nape of my neck.

      My breath shuddered as I slowly pulled myself away, wiping my tears away with the heel of my palm. Yoongi watched me carefully, Jimin leaning forward to rest his head on his shoulder. I inhaled sharply, pressing my hands against my stomach.

     "Maybe we should sit down."

_

     I felt like everyone was judging me. The amount of pity that seeped under my skin from their gazes made my muscles jump, legs itching to get me out of their sights. Pulling the sleeves of Yoongi's sweatshirt over my hands, I sat and waited for someone to say something.

     "That's why you're still here?" Taehyung questioned, tilting his head to the side.

     I glared at him and nodded, afraid that if I spoke again, my voice would break. He watched me quietly before nodding, leaning back against the back of the smaller couch, Jungkook's hand resting on his thigh. I pressed myself farther against the end of the larger couch, Yoongi to my right, Jimin at my lift. Nari was tucked comfortably behind my legs on the floor, and Yeontan was nosing around the kitchen. We all sat like that for a while, not saying anything to each other, gathering our thoughts together on what the hell I was supposed to do with myself.