chapter 44 ~ 𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒍 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊

CONTAINS ANGST, FLUFF, & LITTLE YUMIN

_

     It had been almost four days since the incident with Yoongi, and I felt fairly better. My heart still ached from time to time, but for the most part, it was a numb hole in the center of my chest. I kept myself isolated in my room in hopes that I wouldn't bump into the brunet, but the others kept me company, flitting in and out of my room likes flies. Kiana stopped in once a day for a few hours to check-in after her new shift at a local Starbucks.

      The feeling of filth that had lingered on my body for those four days had receded tremendously, Jimin having showered me with asexual affection for that short time, offering chaste kisses on my cheeks and forehead to cheer me up. I still hadn't felt comfortable cuddling the blonde; it not only felt odd showing affection to him when I knew Yoongi was quietly hurting in the other room but having startled Jimin days before, only to distance myself from him for so long, made it feel awkward to suddenly put my hands on him.

     So, I sat, curled up beneath my covers as I tried to fall asleep, my muddled thoughts calming down for the night. Nari lay beside me, her ears flicking about at the sound of the new-coming rain pittering against the roof and windows. She harrumphed as she rolled onto her side, eyes glossy in the moonlight as I ran a hand through her fluffy, snow-colored fur.

     I nudged my back towards the edge of my bed, brushing up against my stuffies. A sigh of relief escaped me; as a child, I had always made sure my stuffies were safe as if they were alive. And even now, my mind a youthful, senseless mess, I wanted to make sure they were safe in the darkness of my bedroom, seated comfortably atop my bed. Knowing that my bunny and newly gifted snowy bear were still behind me, I let my eyes shut tight for the night, a listless sigh slipping past my lips.

     Suddenly, the rain picked up, knocking angrily at my window. I curled further against Nari's warmth, the irate noises sending a streak of anxiety down my spine. I didn't mind the rain; it was rather peaceful. But, the angriness of it disturbed me. A blinding flash illuminated the few objects of furniture in my room, my eyes snapping open in fear. The sudden, unexpected flash was lighting. And with lightning came-

     The loud, resentful roar of thunder followed quickly behind its more beautiful companion, my body seizing up as my thoughts scrambled about my head. I began to cry, quiet sobs that forced me to hide my face against my pillow as if someone were watching, my hands fisting the soft, cottony fabric. I hated the thunder. I feared it more than almost anything else, my heart lodged in my throat as I began to tremble. Her voice flitted in and out of my head, taunting and degrading me as she shoved me backward. I could almost feel the wall I had fallen back upon as if I were reliving that horrid night from almost a year ago.

     She had grabbed Yura's face, kissing him possessively as his hands drunkenly gripped her skirt, exposing her once fair legs, painted in the black and red ink of various tattoos. A long streak of lightning illuminated the living room and hallway, giving sight to the devilish smirk that had taken over her face. "Don't make a sound," she'd growled, reaching down to wrap her hand around my throat. Her acrylic nails had dug into the sides of my neck, but I'd kept a whimper from escaping my lungs. "Or I'll make sure you won't be able to speak again." With that, the closet door had slammed shut in my face, shuffling and clunking sounding from the other side as something was shoved against the door handle, locking me inside. I was left alone in the dark, thunder crashing from what sounded like every side of me as I curled up in the back corner of the closet, sobbing silently against my hands as I quivered in fear.