chapter 13 ~ 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒊𝒏𝒈

CONTAINS MINOR ANGST, FLUFF, AND STRONG LANGUAGE

_

     I heard the beeping of a monitor close by; it sounded like the ones from the movies: a low, neutral, monotone beep that repeatedly signaled a steady heart rate. I kept my eyes shut, inhaling the disgusting smell of medicine, cleaning products, and various illnesses. Low, hushed voices sounded from somewhere close by, their deep tones familiar in the back of my mind. I let my eyes flit open, immediately hit by a wave of pain in the back of my head, the blinding overhead light shooting daggers into my brain.

      I moaned weakly, quickly closing my eyes against the evil light. I didn't know where I was, and all I wanted was for someone to take me home and let me sleep for the next year. A trembling hand slowly threaded its fingers through mine and I peered over at my hand lazily. Taehyung was watching me worriedly, his breathing hitched, bottom lip caught between his teeth. When I saw his familiar face and his warm, brown eyes, I broke. Tears spilled over my cheeks as I tried to force myself up into a sitting position. My entire body rejected the movement, my arms giving out from beneath me. Taehyung lurched forward, tucking an arm behind my back to hold me up. I wrapped my arms tightly around his shoulders, burying my face against his neck as I cried quietly. Taehyung's arms wrapped around my waist, keeping me securely tucked against his chest. I felt a dull ache in my stomach as I shifted closer to him, but I didn't want to let go.

     "Jungkook-ah!" Taehyung shouted. "Hyung!"

     Several sets of footsteps made their way hurriedly into the room, unsettled murmurs filling the air. I kept my eyes shut, too scared to see the expressions that clouded their faces. My hands gripped the collar of Taehyung's shirt tightly; I was afraid that if I let go, I'd slip away and wake up somewhere I didn't want to be.

     "W-Where are we?" My voice faltered pitifully.

     "Busan Medical Center," a deep voice hummed behind me. Almost immediately, I recognized Jungkook's silky, monotoned voice. It sent a chill running up my spine, making me cower deeper into Taehyung's embrace. Jungkook sighed wearily, dragging the soul of his shoe against the ground. "It's almost light out; the nurse said that we should be out of here before ten."

     "She could've been nicer about it," Yoongi grumbled. At the sound of his voice, I sat bolt upright, untucking my head from under Taehyung's. Upon meeting his gaze, Yoongi smiled down at me warmly, dark rings of baggage resting under his brown eyes.

     "You're here?" I uttered wearily, my blinking almost lethargic. My head hurt like hell, and I almost felt the need to ask someone to get me a coffee.

     Yoongi nodded slowly, sitting down on the small hospital bed. He reached out and tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear, his finger slipping farther back along my head. I flinched when his fingers brushed against where I'd hit my head; Yoongi pulled his fingers back with a frown, examining them carefully before looking back up at me. "At least it's not bleeding," he mumbled, glancing up at Jimin and Jungkook.

     Jimin looked so spent that I felt he should've been in the hospital bed instead of me. His eyelids hung over his eyes as if he was forcing himself to stay awake, his arms dangling limply at his sides. His hair was sticking up at odd angles as if he'd been tousling it frequently throughout the night. I watched him anxiously, wanting to pull him into a hug, but feeling too weak to move any part of my body.