chapter 101 ~ 𝒏𝒐 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆

CONTAINS BLOOD, USE OF WEAPON, ABUSE, & ANGST

_

       There were only a few seconds to react before Yumin made it out the front door. Yura had his gun aimed directly at the back of her head, his finger on the trigger, but at the last second he directed the barrel down to the left and shot. Stumbling forward with a yelp of pain, Yumin clawed at the door, her weight forcing it closed as he dashed forward to slam it shut and push her down towards the ground.

      Blood seeped through the material of her plain white shirt around her shoulder and the brunet realized that he'd just barely grazed Yumin's shoulder with the bullet. She stared up at him with fearful eyes with her chest heaving at each breath. Her hand shakily wandered up to her shoulder where she drew it cautiously along the bullet wound and received a palm smeared with fresh blood. Before she even had the chance to register how much danger she was really in, Yura slapped his hand down over her mouth and shoved her into the corner at the base of the front door.

       "Look at what you made me do," he hissed down at the struggling brunette.

       Yumin began thrashing weakly as the pain of the grazed-wound finally set in on her already battered, bleeding body. She cried out several times but was muffled by his palm as he put more of his weight upon her. With his armed limb, Yura forced Yumin into a sitting position with her knees pressed into her rounded chest. His gun pressed down on the top of her foot and he snapped at her to be quiet.

       Eyes widened in fear, she tried to push his hand from off of her mouth with her injured arm raised up as high as she could possibly withstand. Muffled words sounded against his palm but he couldn't distinguish them from each other. It all blended into the same sound as he pulled the trigger yet again and shot right through the top of Yumin's foot.

       Her eyes rolled back in pain as she sobbed into his hold. Blood began to seep through the hole in her flesh into the light-beige carpet beneath them. Yura cursed, shoving his gun into the waistband of his jeans and dragging Yumin onto unsteady feet as he made to lock her back in the broom closet. Blood prints were left after her as she screamed with pain into the folds of his rough hand. Yumin tried desperately to push away from his grimy hold, but with one leg and one arm rendered useless, she didn't have much luck on her side.

      Yura finally managed to undo the latches of the broom closet and shove his ex-fiancé back into the clutter of their belongings. She fell to the floor with a cross between a groan and a whimper, her forehead pressed to the ground as she curled in on her bleeding-self. He stood panting above her with his hand poised on the open door and its frame to catch his breath. Eyes traveled over the pitiful lump that was Jang Yumin as she slowly bled out onto his carpeted floor, fingers flexing numbly at the sides of her head as she struggled to breathe through the pain.

       "I didn't want to have to hurt you," Yura huffed. She didn't reply. "But, you left me no choice, Yumin."

     The brunet towered above Yumin waiting for her to utter any word silently in a croak, but she didn't open her mouth. With her arms quaking to still hold up the upper portion of her body, she finally collapsed against the ground and her eyes fell shut. Yura only stared, feeling his heart race in his chest at the sight before him.

       Oh God.

       He stooped low and reached out to pinch the brunette's thin wrist, checking for signs of a beating pulse. Yura felt one, low and quiet as it thumped inside of her. She was still alive. Wounds as minor as a bullet to the foot and shoulder wouldn't be enough to kill her, but if they weren't bandaged up soon she might bleed out further.