chapter 9 ~ 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒐𝒖𝒔?

CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT, STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF ABUSE, CRACK HUMOR & MINOR FLUFF

_

     The sunlight that filtered through the blinds began to burn my skin. A window sat near the end of my bed, my feet out in the open, being directly hit by the orb's burning rays. With a sleepy, senseless groan, I brought my legs closer to my stomach. Something behind me shifted; I assumed it was only Nari or Yeontan, until an arm draped itself lazily over my mid-section, a hand splaying out gently against my abdomen. My heart rate began to escalate nervously; I turned around as slowly as possible, careful not to wake whoever was behind me. My eyes quickly adjusted to the sleeping form of Jimin, his mouth agape only slightly in his slumber. I began to grow more nervous by the second, unable to remember much of what happened after 6 p.m. the previous night. I instantly began to shove against Jimin's chest, putting distance between us until my back pressed up against the wall. An inaudible whimper escaped me; I wasn't used to sleeping next to someone so...normally. After Yura had proposed almost a year and a half ago, he had never shown affection in any shape or form. It was always aggressive handling for his pleasure rather than for mine, and more than half the time it left me sleeping at the edge of my side of the bed, ruffled and in tears. I continued shoving against Jimin's chest, hoping to knock him off the bed. I had no idea how he had ended up in my bed, and that scared me more than anything. After having three bottles of soju, he could've gotten me to do practically anything and I wouldn't have been able to consent to it.

     Slowly, Jimin's eyes fluttered open, his pupils dilating as they met mine. I began using my legs to move him away from me, but before I could get him off my mattress, he dug his fingers into the bedsheets and hauled himself closer. I whined nervously, trying to press myself further against the wall. Jimin noticed my unusual behavior, his hand snaking up my arm until it grasped my shoulder firmly.

     "Yumin, what's-"

     "Why're you in my bed!?" I hissed, pushing his hand away. "What happened!?"

     Confused, Jimin blinked leisurely for a few seconds before a soft smile broke out across his face. He reached out and pushed a strand of hair out of my face, an airy chuckle rising from his chest. "It's not what you think," he purred deeply, sending a warm streak through my center.

     "Then what is it?"

     "You had a little too much to drink last night is all. I...I brought you here and you fall asleep on my lap. I didn't want to wake you, so I just sat there until I fell asleep and now-" He motioned to the bed and messy sheets.

     Heartbeat still racing, I took a shuddering deep breath before asking hesitantly, "Did we...do anything?"

     Jimin chuckled breathily, reaching out to pull me closer to him. I placed my hands against his chest, still uncomfortable at his closeness, but not wanting him to move away either. He pressed his forehead gently against mine as he murmured, "Unfortunately, no. But, you know I'd never do that to you...right?"

     I only watched him carefully, unsure of how to answer. I had only known Jimin for about a month; I didn't know what drove him, or entirely what his intentions were with me. Jimin sighed heavily, shutting his eyes.

     "I don't know why you think I'd do that to you, but I wouldn't...ever."

     I nodded slowly, letting my arm slip around his back so that I could rest my head against his chest. Jimin held me gently, drawing lazy circles against my shoulder blades.