chapter 42 ~ 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, ANGST, FLUFF, & LITTLE SPACE

_

     Kiana jogged up the stairs to the second floor of the house, Jackie clutched in her arms. She figured if she were to calm Yumin down, she'd at least have a cuddle buddy handy in case the younger brunette didn't want to be touched. Considering all that had occurred, Kiana wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. The brunette offered a light knock on the door, her heart lurching after waiting several moments with no reply. She stepped inside, shutting Yumin's bedroom door behind her and dropping Jackie softly on the carpeted floor.

     "Yumi?" Kiana called out, peering about the sunlight bedroom. She felt a frown tug at her face at how empty the room was; no decorations, just Yumin's pink bunny sitting atop her bed beside her laptop. With a sigh, Kiana stepped further into the room, remembering when Yumin had said that she'd hidden away in her closet. The thought of the little holed up, alone, in her dark closet, sobbing and quietly breaking without a soul to comfort her, made Kiana turn red with anger.

     Why would Yoongi fuck up so badly as to say he didn't love Yumin? Kiana knew he felt the complete opposite, but his anger over the brunette not trusting him enough had started something that was never supposed to happen. Kiana feared she wouldn't be able to convince the brunette to talk to him; she might choose to leave him, and the others, forever. 

     Shaking the thought aside, Kiana forced open the sliding-mirror doors to Yumin's closet, her eyes softening as they landed upon the trembling brunette. She was curled up in the far corner beneath the few clothes she'd hung up, gnawing sleepily at the end of what appeared to be Jungkook's sweatshirt. Her once warm, chocolate-brown eyes were now blood-shot and dilated with anger and fear. Kiana watched as Yumin pressed herself firmly against the wall of her closet, quiet whimpers falling from her trembling lips.

     "Yumin," Kiana breathed, kneeling down slowly before the upset little. Yumin watched her with tears brimming in the eyes, tugging anxiously at the sleeve of her sweatshirt as she clamped it between her teeth. Kiana extended her hand to the brunette, waiting patiently for her to accept it. After a moment's hesitation, she slid her fingers against the palm of Kiana's small hand, the brunette pulling her steadily to her feet. As soon as she stood, balanced, Yumin flung herself at her friend, smothering her in a tight embrace as she sobbed against her shoulder.

    "Hey, hey. Shh," Kiana cooed, hugging Yumin tightly as she rubbed circles against her back. Yumin trembled in her arms, crying quietly into the fabric of her shirt.

     "Ki..," she whimpered. "Kiana, I want to go ho-ome."

     Kiana's eyes shut tightly because she knew Yumin wasn't talking about their old apartment or even the apartment she'd shared with Yura. She wanted to go home: back to America.

     "Hey," Kiana whispered, pulling away. She cupped Yumin's paling face in her small hands, wiping her tears away as she stared up at her. "Yumin, calm down. It's not that bad; I...I'm sure we can fix it."

     Yumin shook her head numbly, sniffling as she turned and knelt back inside the closet, patting around until she began to tug her suitcase out into the light. Kiana felt tears clog her throat; watching the brunette stare down at her suitcase with trembling hands made her realize how much Yoongi's words had truly upset her. Slowly, the little pushed herself to her feet, turning around and snatching her bunny off her bed. She looked down at it, softly caressing it's fluffy, pink ears as fresh tears welled in her eyes.