chapter 51 ~ 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF EXPLICIT CONTENT, ANGST, & FLUFF

_

     I pressed my back up against Jungkook's chest, waves of heat radiating off of his body and swathing my own in warmth. He held a blanket pinned against my stomach, balled in his fist as it rested atop us and kept us hidden in the darkness of the living room. It had to be no later than three in the morning, the others asleep together on the floor in the living room. Yoongi had Jimin held against his chest, carefully placed to make sure the blonde's shoulder didn't cramp up during the night. Taehyung was lying with his back to the couch, a pillow before him with his limbs wrapped tightly around it as if he were cuddling one of his partners, Yeontan and Nari tucked near his head as they snored softly.

     The shakles of the house clacked together as the wind speeds increased, yet another stormy night closing in with promises of thunder and rain. I wasn't too worried; I'd gotten a notification that the storm would be more towards Incheon than Seoul, but the possibility of the winds shifting in our direction wasn't unlikely. I could hear the echoes of thunder in the distance, my eyes wide as my memories threatened to run rampant. Jungkook's arm tightened against my waist, nuzzling his head against the back of my neck with a listless groan.

     What if Rachel comes to find me? I questioned myself, squirming uncomfortably within my own skin. I couldn't help but think the worst, that not only Yura would eventually find me, but with Rachel poised at his hip, seething and hissing insults and threats in my ear. My blood boiled with unease as I remembered the way her nails sunk into the skin of my neck, each flash of lightning illuminating a body vandalized with tattoos.

     I could see what Yura loved about her body; fair skin, long, silky black hair that reached her hips, curves that seemed almost unmatchable compared to my own. With one glance she could have anyone at their knees thoughtlessly obeying her every command. A shiver ran up my spine, forcing a whimper from my lips as the mere thought of her threatened my very being. Without warning, thunder growled out in the night, closer than before, my entire body running rigid with fear.

     Fuck, fuck, fuck. I pushed myself up on trembling hands, Jungkook's arm slipping limply off my hip and onto the floor. I felt panicky, my palms and back dampening with sweat as I stared off into the darkness. I didn't want to slip up again; I didn't even want to think about Rachel and Yura ever, but their voices kept flitting in-and-out of my head, soft and taunting as I crawled towards the couch. More thunder sounded, inching closer and closer into the night as lightning snapped just out of sight. I pressed my back up against the lower couch, my breath coming out in faint pants as my heart began to thunder hectically in my chest.

     "Don't make a sound. Don't make a sound. Don't make a-"

     "No," I whimpered softly, my heart seizing with fear in my chest. I wanted Rachel gone; I wanted her out of my life. I wanted the mere thought of her to vanish with the blink of an eye. I pressed my fists against my ears, hoping to drown out not only the lurking storm but the brunette's velvety voice in my mind. 

     "You gonna cry, princess? Go cry to daddy, you weak little slut!"

     I gasped for breath. Rachel could've been anywhere in the world and yet her voice sounded as if she were right there in the room, seated beside me with her lips pressed against my ear. More lightning and thunder clapped in unison, sparking a flurry of unnecessary thoughts in my head. I brought my knees to my chest, whimpering repeatedly against them as I tried to flush out Rachel's voice. She's not here, I reassured myself. Rachel's not here, she's not gonna hurt you. My breath hitched in my throat as tears began to trickle down my cheeks. They grew red, my nose stuffy as I tried to sniffle the tears away.