chapter 2 ~ 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓?

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE & ANGST

_

     My feet ached by the time I made it up the steps to Jimin's sixth-floor apartment. I stood frozen and quiet as Jimin sifted through his ring of keys for the apartment's. "Couldn't we have taken the elevator?" I whined, shutting my eyes out of fatigue. Jimin snorted as he inserted the key in the lock. "That thing's a bit...iffy," he replied, clutching the doorknob. He turned it slowly and pushed his way inside. I followed him hesitantly, staying close behind him. 

     "Tae? Kook?" He called out into the apartment. We stood silent in the front hallway. From what I could see over Jimin's shoulder, it lead into the living room which sat on the left, the kitchen at the right. The hallway continued past the living room, but the light was switched off, leaving it swathed in shadows. From the kitchen, I heard shuffling, and a tall man stepped out, bundled up in a red hood and black sweats. The moment our eyes connected, I dreaded following Jimin into the apartment.

     "Jimin, you realize you let someone in behind you, right?" The man's voice was deep and wary. Although it was attractive, I felt nervous and frightened at the way he addressed my presence. He ran a hand through his curly black hair, leaving a few strands sticking up at odd angles. I stood quietly, watching him from behind Jimin, my hand hooked into the back belt loop of his jeans. Just as Jimin was about to reply to the curly-haired man, another stepped out behind him. I groaned in the back of my throat, remembering when Jimin warned me he had two roommates.

     "Who the fuck is that?" The second man stepped out in front of the first, and I couldn't help but notice how he pressed a hand against the other's stomach to move him slightly farther away. I found it somewhat adorable that he was being protective of the other man.

     Jimin's hand reached behind him until it found mine, and he pulled me out into the light. I squinted at the two men, not bothering to say anything. "Tae. Jungkook. This is-" Suddenly Jimin froze up, his eyes going wide. He looked down at me, embarrassed, and rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm sorry, but, you never told me your name."

     "WHAT!?" the others yelled. The second shook his head irritably, his dark, wavy, cheek-lengthed hair flying around as if he were on a carousel. "You brought this girl into our house, and you don't even know her name!? Jimin, are you needy? Did you only bring her in for a quick one?"

     "The fuck!?" I cried out, stepping away from Jimin.

     "Jungkook, no, you idiot." Jimin's arm wrapped around my shoulders and I tensed up visibly. "I found her in an alleyway-"

     "So, she's a stray," Jungkook growled.

     "Ok, ok," I shrugged Jimin's arm off of me and stuck my arms up defensively. "My name is Jang Yumin. Jimin saved me from being sexually assaulted in, you guessed it, an alleyway. I couldn't afford a hotel in the area and I can't go home because my ex-fiancé has his new bitch over and will probably kill me if I show up. SO-" I took a deep breath and stared Jungkook directly in his dark brown eyes. "Sooo, Jimin brought me here for the night." I pushed my wet hair away from my eyes and wrapped my arms around my body. The three men stared at me dumbfounded before the curly-haired one spoke up.

     "Can we trust her?"

     "Taehyung!" Jimin shouted.

     "You don't know who she is. She could be a sasaeng for all we know." Taehyung folded his arms across his chest and glared daggers at me.  "Ok." I muttered, turning away and reaching for the door handle.