chapter 1 ~ 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆

CONTAINS BRIEF MENTION OF ALCOHOL & SEXUAL CONTENT, ANGST & STRONG LANGUAGE

_

     My hands went completely numb on the tabletop, my fingers mindlessly drawing lazy circles on the table cloth. The sounds of chattering couples around us seemed to completely fade away as I inhaled slowly. The man in front of me was staring into my eyes, his own emotionless and clouded from having drunk too much soju. "Who is she?" I asked him hesitantly, my voice quavering. 

     "A new trainee."

     "A trainee?"

     "That's what I fucking said, Yumin. What'd you lose your hearing since I proposed to you? You're never f-fucking obedient; you n-never listen to me."

     I held my breath and balled my fists, trying so hard to not cry and lash out at him. "Yura, you're drunk," I deadpanned, pulling my hands onto my lap. "If you want to end this...If you want to leave me for her..." I looked down at my lap for a moment, shutting my eyes tightly to make sure no tears fell. "If you want to end this," I muttered, "then fine." I pushed myself out of my seat, standing tall before Yura. His head turned loosely up towards me, his eyes roaming all over my body. My breathing quickened as I felt the need to escape before he changed his mind. 

     "All for the sex, baby girl," he chuckled, finishing off another glass of soju. "All for pleasure."

     Without looking back I exited the restaurant and made my way out onto the slick, wet streets of Busan. Rain poured down heavily from the night sky above. I shivered, cursing myself for leaving my jacket inside. I had no intention of going back inside to retrieve it. Going back inside would mean having to see Min Yura again. Seeing Yura might mean getting roped back into his sick, twisted games. I shook my head vigorously to dislodge all thoughts of him. I made my way across the empty street and onto the opposite side of the road, holding and rubbing my arms to keep warm. A smile began to break out across my face as I realized that it was over. That Yura had finally moved on. My plan to make him lose interest had succeeded, and I could finally move out and start fresh.

     About five minutes later, I realized I had no idea which direction I was walking, or where I intended to go. I couldn't go home; Yura would surely be there by the time I made it back. "Shit," I growled, pausing for a moment to take in my surroundings. Behind me was a smoke shop, and in front of me was a bar with flashy neon lights advertising soju and fireballs. I had no intention of stepping into either one. I walked a little bit farther before ducking into a humid alleyway, smoke billowing from a small chimney coming from the bar. I stood for a moment and listened to the sound of riled voices and deep laughter from the men inside. 

     "Not a chance," I muttered to myself, prying my eyes away from the back door of the bar. Pulling my phone out of my small leather purse, I switched the flashlight on so that I got a better bearing on my surroundings. I flashed it around my feet before quickly bringing it up. The back door to the bar swung open and clanged on the side of the brick building. Three men appeared; one appeared to be security, the other two men who seemed to have had too much to drink. "Get the fuck out," the security guard groaned, only to receive obnoxiously loud laughter from the two men. The security guard walked inside without another word, slamming the door behind him and leaving me alone with the two drunks.

     I slowly lowered my phone and shut the flashlight off, trying my hardest to not make a noise. "You're a fucking idiot," one of the men slurred. From what I could see in the darkness of the alleyway, he had dark clothing on, a beanie, and long bangs. If I were in any other situation, he might've seemed fairly attractive. The other man belched loudly and I cringed. "I was only trying to touch her ass!" he shouted. "If I were her I would've already been in my bed." The two men seemed to find that quite hilarious, breaking out into fits of laughter and coughs. I need to get the fuck away from these morons, I told myself, slowly taking steps back towards the main sidewalk. As the men's laughter died down, my heel connected with the neck of an old, glass bottle that most likely belonged to an alcoholic beverage. It skittered loudly across the cement before clanking against a large dumpster bin. SHIT!