chapter 97 ~ 𝑫𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 15𝒕𝒉, 2019

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, ALCOHOL, WEAPONS, MINOR FLUFF, & ANGST

_

     I stood awkwardly outside Namjoon's bedroom with my fist raised to knock on his door. Nothing could be heard from within, but the sounds of life inside the house bustled about around me as everyone rose from their slumber and traded back and forth between their rooms and bathrooms. Jungkook flew past me with a toothbrush and fresh bottle of toothpaste in his grasp from downstairs; he paused in his tracks at finding me before his hyung's door and turned back on his heel.

      "What're you doing, angel?"

       I swallowed. "I needed to talk to Namjoon about something."

       "I'd wait," the brunet muttered. "Namjoon hyung doesn't normally like interacting this early in the morning."

       "But, he told me to come here."

       At the mention of my presence being summoned, Jungkook's eyes widened a fraction. "He did?"

       I nodded, pulling my hand back down to my side. Even though I had discussed our meeting the prior night, I was still shocked at finding a text from Namjoon the moment I woke up asking to meet in his room. Jungkook grunted in the back of his throat and his gaze shifted from me to the door and back.

       "Alright..," he hesitated. "If he says anything like before, come and tell me."

       "I will."

       "Okay, angel."

      With that, Jungkook pressed a kiss to my forehead and turned to make his way to the bathroom. He shut himself inside without even a glance over his shoulder and I extended my arm back towards the door and knocked lightly. Almost immediately, it swung inward and Namjoon peered out through the crack at me with wide, searching eyes. They looked so beautiful, and I couldn't help but smile softly at him as he opened the door wider to let me inside.

      "I didn't think you'd come," he murmured, shutting us inside his dimly lit bedroom. Every wall and corner was painted a different color than the rest of the house. Instead of white walls, they were a light beige, and the ceiling was moss green, as were the borders to the wall and door frame. The front and back wall was covered from floor to ceiling in plants, held in little white racks with basins beneath to let the water drain from each pot. Namjoon's bed was made neatly with light grey covers and pillows, and a medium-sized brown bear was snuggled atop everything in a corner back against the wall. There was a desk diagonal to the door on the back wall, near the sliding closet mirror doors, and to the left of it, a human-sized rack decorated with various-sized figurines. His room was so neat and tidy that it made me feel almost home sick, and I stared in awe at everything around me.

      "You like it in here?"

      "It's beautiful," I whispered. Hesitantly, I reached out and caressed the leaf of a coral bell, the plant an almost peach-like color compared to all the green that surrounded us. "You must really know your way around plants."

       "Yeah, a little. I just enjoy tending to them." 

       With a ghost of a smile, Namjoon stepped over to his desk, shuffling papers neatly into a pile off to the side before beginning to spray mist over a small bonsai tree. I watched him carefully, his long fingers trailing slowly up the fragile trunk, over every curve as if it were the body of his lover. His index finger curled around the end of one of the purple blossoms and he misted it over once for hydration before setting the plastic bottle back on the window seal.