chapter 73 ~ 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF ASSAULT, SPIKING, DRINKING, ANGST, & FLUFF

_

     Taehyung weaseled his way quietly out of his bedroom, leaving Jimin alone to sniffle and cuddle against one of his larger pillows. He'd return eventually, but not without Yumin. Seokjin had managed to get Yoongi back to his almost normal self: quiet and calm as he sat and observed the chaos still unfolding around him. The eldest had only needed to take a day to himself, the day after Yumin had clocked Jungkook in the nose in fact. He was so full of rage that he couldn't bear to be around the others. Taehyung respected him for that.

     The two detectives of the house had gathered together to try and force the others into a happier setting. The more they moped and confined themselves to their beds, the worse things would become. Step one was to get Yumin out of her room and into his own, and then things would set off from there. Taehyung shot a quick text to Kiana, who was coming off of her work shift in a few minutes, inviting her over to their house for a few hours. Today was the day they would make progress. Whether it was negative or positive, they would find out later.

     "Baby?" Taehyung called out softly, offering a few knocks on her closed bedroom door. He couldn't hear anything from within thanks to the solid walls that surrounded her, but a few moments later the door creaked open. Yumin peered out at the brunet with tired, half-shut eyes, her face pale and lifeless. It was no longer caked red with tears. She'd stopped crying days ago.

     "Can I come in?"

     Yumin left the door ajar, shuffling back to her bed and flopping down beside Yeontan. That's where he'd disappeared to. Pushing his way inside, Taehyung shut the door behind him and settled wordlessly beside her. Yumin let her eyes flutter closed so that she wouldn't have to face him, toying with the hem of her sheets as a means of distraction. 

     Taking a moment, Taehyung quietly took in Yumin's listless form. She seemed nothing but a shrunken shell of her former cuddly, cheery, sound self. It was almost as if the light inside of her extinguished long ago.

     "Angel? You alright?"

     "I'm fine," sighed Yumin.

     "Well, I know that's not true."

     "If you already knew the answer, then why'd you ask?"

     Taehyung bit down on the inside of his cheek, leaning back with his arm stationed over Yumin's legs. The brunette shifted to peer up at him with no emotion in her eyes. She looked rather bored as if having him in her room beside her was about as exciting as a fifth-period World History class. It unsettled him, but after a minute of silence, Taehyung spoke again.

     "Yumin, you've gotta get up. Have you moved at all today?"

     "Besides showering this morning and getting up to let you in, no."

     "Yumin."

    "Taehyung."

     "Don't use my full name like that. You know I don't like it."

      Yumin stared up at him for a moment longer before turning into her pillow. She hid part of her face from view, eyes fluttering closed with exhaustion as a sigh escaped her pale lips. Taehyung shook his head, pushing himself onto his knees to tower above her. Leaning down, he gently forced her to turn up and look at him, gripping her wrists and pushing them down into the mattress. She didn't look startled, or even flustered, as she normally would've been. Instead, she blinked up at him with a frown, brow furrowed in exasperation.