chapter 94 ~ 𝒕𝒂-𝒕𝒂

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, MINOR FLUFF, MENTIONS OF ABUSE, & ANGST

_

      "I made you breakfast, angel."

       His voice sounded so cheery over the phone, but I shook my head to myself and let a sigh tumble from my lips.

       "Thanks, Koo, but you can give it to one of your hyungs. I'm not really hungry."

      "Don't say that, Yumin. C'mon."

      "I'm sorry. I'm really not though."

      That was such a lie. I hadn't eaten since the previous afternoon, and after the words climbed out of my throat, my stomach gurgled in protest. I heard Jungkook sigh from over the phone, finding disappointment in his tone as I dropped my head back down upon my warm pillow.

      "I can hear your stomach saying otherwise. When was the last time you ate?"

      "I'm fine, Koo. Just give my plate to Seokjin."

      "Jin hyung's had two plates already; I'm not giving him another one."

       I stifled a laugh and could hear Jungkook break into a smile on the other side of the phone. It quickly diminished though as I blew a breath through my nose and turned to peer up at my ceiling. The intricate bumps and lines that divvied out across my room like a carpet of white painted upside down, losing myself in its emptiness before my boyfriend's silky voice brought me out of my own head.

      "You don't have to eat, but can you come downstairs, please? It's almost eleven."

       "Fine. I'll come down for a bit."

       "Thank you, angel."

       "Mmh."

     "I love you."

      Instinctively, as if written out on a script, I said it back, but it felt icky on my tongue. I hadn't fallen out of love, but my affection towards the others had started to split during the night as I overthought Namjoon's words again and again just to toy with my own head. He thought that they loved me more than him; that over the past year, I'd manipulated everyone into loving me more than him and Hoseok. It wasn't true; it wasn't true at all! I loved the others as much as he did, and knowing they had a family before me, I would never strive to take them away from him. What kind of person did he take me for?

      A mutt. And, a slut. 

     I hung up the phone and plugged it in on my nightstand to charge before heading downstairs. Changing clothes seemed pointless, so I remained in my soft, plaid nightwear pants and a black button-up as I padded down the wooden steps into the living room. I was met with the sound of clanking dishes in the sink as Jungkook and Jimin cleaned up after themselves. Three extra plates sat steaming on the kitchen island, fresh off the pan as they waited for the rest of the house to feast on their early afternoon breakfast. Shaking his hands dry, the youngest turned on his heel and invited me into his embrace with open arms. I stepped up to his and rested my head in the crook of his neck and shoulder with a sigh that made me collapse into his warmth.