chapter 23 ~ 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏

CONTAINS FLUFF, ANGST, MINOR SEXUAL CONTENT, & STRONG LANGUAGE

_

     Jimin stood quietly in the kitchen, leaning against the granite island. He looked out into the living room, the flickering light of the TV illuminating his three partners' faces. Taehyung sat in the far corner of the main couch, Yeontan clutched tightly against his chest. The brunet's eyes were glued to the screen, the horror show playing a huge distraction. His eyes never left the screen, gradually growing wider as he anxiously awaited the next jumpscare. Jimin smiled softly, his blinking leisurely as his gaze traveled over to the other two. 

     Jungkook and Yumin were curled up with each other on the fold-out couch, a large blanket wrapped around the young man's shoulder. He gently tugged at the blanket, cocooning Yumin against his chest. The smaller brunette peered up at Jungkook, her eyes wide, gaze tender as she laced her fingers with his. Yumin quickly flicked her gaze back to the TV as Jungkook glanced down at her, a coltish smile tugging at his lips.

     You're letting her in, Koo, Jimin thought happily, running a hand through his silky hair. You trust her.

     The movie ended after a few more minutes and Taehyung sighed with relief. Yumin wiggled her way out of Jungkook's embrace, wobbling over to the TV on her knees and grabbing the remote. "One more," she grinned, sitting back against her heels. 

     "No!" Taehyung cried, pushing himself down onto the floor. "No more!"

     Yumin held the remote out at arm's length, pushing against Taehyung's chest to hold him back. The brunet groaned in protest before deciding to jump on Yumin and grab the remote. His weight forced the two of them to the ground in a bundle of limbs and matted hair. Yumin let out a deep chuckle, wrapping her legs around Taehyung's waist and stretching her arm up for the remote.

     "Tae, give it back!"

     "No more scary movies." Taehyung groaned, holding the remote out of her reach. Yumin pushed herself up on her forearms, legs still wrapped around the brunet's waist. She arched her back, finally grasping Taehyung's wrist and yanking his arm down, unbalancing them both. Taehyung released the remote and stumbled forward to grip the carpet, holding them both up. Yumin quickly snatched the remote and rolled out from under the brunet with a triumphant grin.

     "One more!" she chanted.

     Taehyung pushed himself to his knees, shaking out his hair with a huff. "At least let me watch one more episode of Kingdom first. I'm almost done with the season." 

     Yumin rolled her eyes, casting a glance in Jungkook's direction. The maknae chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders. "I could care less."

     Yumin groaned playfully before chucking the remote back to Taehyung. The brunet caught it with a grin, pushing himself forward and pressing a kiss against her forehead. "Thanks, angel." Taehyung pushed himself to his feet and settled back in the corner of the couch, Yeontan hurriedly curling back up in his owner's lap. Yumin pushed herself off the floor with a sigh, arching her chest forward in a stretch. 

     "I'm gonna shower," she mumbled, dragging her hands across her face with a chuckle. Jungkook stared up at her with a frown, slowly dragging his tongue along his bottom lip.

     "You don't wanna watch Kingdom with us?"

     Yumin shook her head, padding out into the hallway. "That's your guys' show; you can enjoy it together." With that, she left the room, shutting her bedroom door behind her. Jimin stared down the hallway after her before walking up to Jungkook. He slid his hand over the brunet's shoulder, hooking his hand against his neck and tilting his head back.