chapter 63 ~ 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF EXPLICIT CONTENT, ANGST, & MINOR FLUFF

_

     I twiddled my fingers, lost in thought as I kicked along the underside of the kitchen island. I couldn't stop twitching, fidgeting, moving around as I tried so hard to become comfortable in my own skin. My brain bustled with the sound of Rachel's voice, how pliantly Jungkook had moaned her name in his sleep as he jerked and thrust lazily beneath my bedsheets. My bedsheets. In my bed, in the middle of the night. He'd come into my room to sleep and dream of the one woman that I despised more than anything: my abuser, the woman my fiancé had cheated on me with for months.

     He must've spent the night with her. They probably fucked the whole time. I scrunched my nose in disgust, unable to even think of my boyfriend's name without shivering with distaste. But, what if they didn't? What if they didn't sleep together? What if she forced him-

     "Hey."

     I was startled at the sound of Jimin's voice, the blonde's small fingers dancing over the exposed skin of my shoulder. He cocked his head to the side, reaching up to cup my face gently in his palms. "What's the matter, angel?"

     Sniffing, I avoided his gaze, trying to compile all my negative thoughts and shove them far into the back of my head. The others didn't have to know yet; I didn't know enough to say anything anyway.

     "Nothing." I sighed, gripping Jimin's wrists for a moment before pulling his hands from my face. "I'm just tired."

     The blonde didn't look convinced but sealed his lips shut none-the-less, leaning forward to drape his arms over my shoulders and cocoon me against his broad chest. I slipped my arms around his thin waist and buried my face in his chest, wanting to just disappear from view and hideaway forever.

     Gentle voices sounded from the living room, the quiet padding of feet lingered in my ears as I looked out over my shoulder. Taehyung appeared from the stairway, tugging a shy and visibly uncomfortable Jungkook into the light of the kitchen. The maknae's gaze immediately found mine and I could see the guilt and fear in his dark brown irises. I wanted to feel upset towards Jungkook; something had obviously occurred between him and Rachel and I wouldn't forgive him easily for whatever it was, but all I could feel was pity. He looked so broken and scared. The urge to slip from my seat at the island and trap him securely in my embrace became overwhelming but I held my ground, letting my pity and rage mix together in the pit of my stomach.

     "Come here, Kookie," Taehyung murmured. The brunet inched the seat beside me from beneath the island's counter-top, urging the paler boy onto the stool as he caressed his cheek. "Just wait here while I go help hyung with the groceries, 'kay?"

     Jungkook nodded, casting his gaze to the tiled floor as Taehyung turned to Jimin. "Watch him, please?" It sounded like an order given to the caretaker of a disobedient child. The blonde nodded, rubbing a hand carefully along my shoulder. We watched Taehyung stumble towards the door in his Gucci flip-flops before shutting himself outside, leaving the three of us in an unsettling silence that echoed throughout our ears. 

     Jimin took a step towards his boyfriend as he swiveled around on his chair, peering up at us with wide, nervous eyes. Wipe that dumb look off your face, I growled in the back of my throat, edging close to the opposite side of my seat.  I wanted to put as much distance between me and the brunet as possible without making a show out of it. Jimin brushed a hand delicately through Jungkook's hair, offering a reassuring smile as he stooped low to offer him a kiss on the cheek.