chapter 14 ~ 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF ABUSE, SLIGHT FLUFF & ANGST

_

     Taehyung held Yumin's pink bunny on his lap, absently tugging at the ears as a source of comfort. He couldn't help but remember the way it had slipped through her delicate hands the previous night, Yura's hold on her more than her small body could handle. Taehyung sighed heavily, shutting his eyes and running a hand through his curly hair. His thoughts were consumed with nothing but the look of pure fright and yield that had clouded Yumin's face as Yura stepped closer to her. Her body had frozen up completely, preventing her from moving away from him. Her eyes had grown wide; he could've sworn she was holding in her tears.

     Taehyung rested his elbows on his knees, hiding his face away in his hands. He was so fucking stressed and confused. All he wanted was for someone to hold him and mute the endless train of thoughts that ran around his head. Jungkook sat beside him on the living room couch, draping an arm over his shoulder and pulling the older brunet closer. He pressed a kiss against his head, rubbing slow circles against the small of his back.

     "Why do I feel like this?" Taehyung mumbled, feeling like he was on the verge of tears. "What's wrong with me?"

     Jungkook shook his head, resting it against Taehyung's with a sigh. "There's nothing wrong with you, hyung. You're just tired."

     "Being tired doesn't make your heart ache, Kook. Being tired doesn't make you long for someone."

     Yoongi chuckled, licking his lips before offering a thought. "Maybe you're um...well I don't know. Maybe you're catching feelings?"

     "Hyung now's not the time to fuck around," Taehyung muttered, peering up at the older brunet.

     Yoongi shrugged. "I'm not fucking around. I'm serious. I felt like that around you and Jimin when we first started...getting to know each other."

     Taehyung smiled at his hyung's words, briefly recalling when they were younger. Taehyung would always catch Yoongi watching him from across the studio, and when he was caught, he'd quickly snap his gaze elsewhere. But, Yoongi always blushed when he got caught, and that made Taehyung simper all on its own.

     "Yoongi, what about me?" Jungkook pondered, a light blush adorning his pale cheeks. "Didn't you feel that way about me?"

     "I felt that way about all six of you, but you were so focused on Joon that I didn't think you noticed me..."

     Jungkook's eyes softened. He pushed himself off the couch and slid comfortably onto Yoongi's lap, cupping the brunet's face and kissing him softly. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist, pulling him closer as his hands mindlessly slipped beneath his shirt. Taehyung averted his gaze to the floor, loving how adorable his two boyfriends were, but feeling detached from everything in that moment. He knew he could rely on Jimin, Jungkook, and Yoongi for practically anything. They loved each other unconditionally, yet someone who he barely knew still managed to tug at the strings of his heart. He bit his lip hard, trying to force the overwhelming flood of feelings deep into the back of his mind. But, they simply bounced back, making his head swell, urging his feet to pick him up and take him to the back bedroom where Jimin and Yumin had been for nearly an hour.

     Taehyung fiddled with the pink bunny on his lap, holding it close as if it were alive and breathing. He knew it had sentimental value, at least for Yumin, and he didn't want anything bad happening to it. He smiled as an image of her cuddling it against her chest flashed in his mind, his boxy grin crinkling the corners of his eyes.