chapter 71 ~ 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒔

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF AN EATING DISORDER, MENTIONS OF SPIKING, BRIEF FLUFF, & ANGST

_

     Taehyung flew downstairs with Jin on his heels, hoping the sound of knocking on the front door wouldn't wake the others. Flinging the door wide open, he found Kiana staring at him through narrowed, agitated eyes. Taehyung had to wrap his arm around her slender waist, rooting the brunette in the kitchen so that she didn't trudge upstairs and disturb anyone. He could see the anger lining her face after he'd explained over text what had happened the past few days and why Yumin wasn't accepting her calls.

     "Where is he?" she snapped, glaring up at Taehyung with little interest in talking things through.

     "Upstairs. But, you can't- Kiana." Taehyung lifted the smaller girl by her waist, spinning around and plopping her down by the door. "You can't just go up there."

     "Why!?"

     "Because you can't, okay? I called you over here to help us, not make things worse."

     Kiana sighed but remained quiet, crossing her arms and tapping the toe of her shoe against the tiled floor. Her gaze flicked curiously up to Seokjin, taking in the unfamiliar man with wary eyes. Taehyung noted to introduce them later when things weren't so out of hand, glancing over his shoulder before pulling the others closer to his side.

     "Okay, so here's what's gonna happen," Taehyung murmured, glancing down at his Pomeranian as he squeezed in by their feet. "Kiana, you're going to get Yumin's side of the story; everything that she knows if possible. Can you do that?"

     "Easily."

     "Good. Hyung." The brunet looked up at Seokjin, giving him a once over before continuing. "You're the easiest to talk to out of the six of us. Get Koo to talk since he's so willing to tell us what happened, and if you can, take his phone."

     "His phone?"

     "If he's not guilty like he says he is, then he'll have nothing to hide on his phone. I want to look through it to see what texts Yumin's talking about and see if he's got any other things to hide."

     Kiana shifted almost excitedly on the balls of her feet, fisting her hands in the pockets of her pants. "Now we're turning into real detectives."

     Taehyung couldn't help but smirk, deep down hoping to every god that Jungkook would end up innocent in the end.

_

     Kiana shook out her hands before offering a light knock on Yumin's bedroom door. "Yumin?" she called out, pressing her ear to the door. She couldn't hear anything from inside, and for a brief second the thought that Yumin was dead flitted through her head. Shaking it away, she knocked again, not waiting for a reply before barging into the ice-cold, dark bedroom. The temperature startled her, gooseflesh erupting over her bared arms as she furiously tried to rub them away.

     "Holy fuck," Kiana cursed, slamming her palm against the light switch near the door frame. "What're you trying to freeze away the pain? Yumin, get up."

     Her gaze snapped over towards Yumin's bed, the brunette curled up beneath her bedsheets as she stared blankly at the wall. Yumin's eyes were barely open, lined red with dark circles beneath her lids. She looked absolutely miserable. Taking a cautious step forward, Kiana called out to her softly, finally making it to the bedside and sitting down in front of her. She offered the younger girl a gentle nudge against her shoulder but was met with no reaction. Not even a blink.