chapter 58 ~ 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓

CONTAINS MILD STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTION OF PAST TRAUMA, & MILD ANGST

_

       I sat in the backseat of Yoongi's Audi, sandwiched between Jimin and Taehyung as we waited for the oldest brunet to exit BigHit's main building. Jungkook sat lazily with his feet dangling out the passenger window, scrolling through his private Instagram account with a bored expression.

     Glaring down at my laptop, I irritably typed out a few short sentences to my story, my mind whirling with all the things I wanted to put out on paper, yet somehow not able to comprehend them enough to type them out in my document. I sighed, tilting my head back against my seat as I stared up at the ceiling of the car, my foot tapping unconsciously at the floorboards as I tried to piece together a sentence that would finish my paragraph.

       "You look like you're struggling," Taehyung chuckled, reaching out to turn my computer screen towards him. He pursed his lips as he silently read through the few paragraphs I had managed to type out while Yoongi was gone. Even though it seemed as if I'd written a lot, I was unsatisfied with what I had in the fifteen to twenty-odd minutes we'd been waiting in the Audi.

     "I am," I sighed, plastering a fake smile on my face as I tried to keep myself in a good mood. "I can't write for shit anymore."

       "Just be patient," Jimin murmured, resting his head against my shoulder. "You have all day to come up with something, and then, tomorrow. And, then the day after that. No rush."

     "I just want to be done already."

     I shut my laptop, stuffing it back into its cloth case before placing it on the floor of the car. I curled up next to Jimin, the blonde resting his hand on my lap to cocoon me in his embrace. As I slowly started to zone out, Yoongi raced up to the side of the car, slipping inside and slamming the driver's door shut. He took a second to regain his steady breathing before turning back to face me, his eyes wide and innocent-looking as he handed me a laminated card attached to a black lanyard. 

     Furrowing my brow, I accepted it, turning it the right way to find my face printed on a white card the size of my palm with my name and the words "assistant manager to the members of BigHit" typed in bold below. 

     "What is this?" I asked Yoongi, looping my finger through the lanyard.

     "Staff ID card. So, if anyone questions you when you're at BigHit, you can just show them this. They probably won't ask any follow-up questions if you do."

     With a grin, I threw the lanyard around my neck, adjusting it across my chest so that it was visible against my oversized lilac shirt. I felt as if I had a sense of authority with the card dangling from my neck. It settled my nerves a bit at being around the member's manager and co-workers for the first time. To the others, I'd be almost like an outcast, some nobody tagging alongside four idols in an attempt to grab somebody's attention. But with my very own ID card, I now had a purpose in joining the others to their shoot.

     By the time we arrived at Samsung's rented studio, it was almost 11 AM. All of us hopped out of Yoongi's Audi, the brunet locking the doors behind him, and made our way to the building's entrance. Jungkook led us through what felt like a maze of hallways to an elevator where we followed their manager Sejin's directions to the right studio we needed. I bounced on the balls of my feet, keeping close to Yoongi for safety as we made our way to the studio, my hand instinctively reaching out to grasp his. Immediately, I dropped it, my spine stiffening nervously as I averted my gaze to the floor.