chapter 57 ~ 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆-𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒌

CONTAINS FLUFF

_

     The end of the boy's second week of work rolled around almost as slowly as Yoongi walked, the brunet padding quietly before me with his clothed hand threaded with Jimin's. He had finished the major filming for his music video and now relied on Jungkook and BigHit's editing team for the perfection that would be the final results. Deciding against staying cooped up in the house for the weekend, and not seeing each other for hours at a time five to six days a week, Jimin and Taehyung had proposed that we all head out to the Secret Garden in Seoul that Saturday. Immediately, I'd accepted the proposal, wanting to spend the day with my boyfriends and get them outside and out of a workplace for the first time in what felt like forever.

     I walked between Jungkook and Taehyung, the freshly dyed brunet's poised like bodyguards at my sides. Taehyung walked to my left, clutching a short leash with Yeontan padding at his hip. Jungkook was at my right hip, his hand absently flexing in my grasp as he peered out at the lush foliage that grew alongside the stone pathway. He clutched his camera against his chest, strap around his neck, as he gazed about for perfect moments to capture. Yoongi and Jimin walked hand-in-hand a few feet in front of us with Nari at the blonde's feet. Both boy's gazes were locked ahead on the path as they walked in silence, their eyes sparkling happily above their masks.

     No one that walked around us seemed to recognize the members, offering me a sense of relief as we continued to trek about the garden. For the first time in a while, I felt completely at peace. My heart thudded happily against my ribs, hands warm as they laced with Jungkook and Taehyung's, making me feel safe in the placidness of the garden. While my eyes scanned the shrubbery and lake that the pathway circled, my mind wandered elsewhere. 

     I couldn't help but think of how I wouldn't have been there at that moment if I had never met the four men I walked with now. If Yoongi hadn't offered me help at the bus stop all those years ago, if Jimin hadn't saved me from the two drunken bastards in the alley, if Taehyung hadn't become so protective and caring over me, if Jungkook hadn't wanted to learn to trust again... I would've most likely been in a hospital bed instead of out in the lively garden.

     Or much, much worse.

     A slight tug at my hand shook me from my thoughts, gaze snapping up to meet Taehyung's as he peered down at me from behind his white mask. "You're kind of quiet, angel," the brunet murmured, his eyes crinkling in a soft smile. "You alright?"

     I took a second to answer, my eyes never leaving Taehyung's as we continued our walk towards the center of the garden. "I'm okay," I replied, putting on a smile to reassure him. Taehyung watched me a moment longer before offering my hand a squeeze, turning his head to the left side of the path. I let my eyes travel down the curve of the brunet's jaw, down his neck, and across his broad chest. My heart swelled simply at the sight of him, cheeks burning beneath my mask as my eyes flicked back to the path ahead.

     "Hyung, I'm hungry," Jimin complained, turning to Yoongi. The older glanced at him out of the corner of his eye, offering a smirk of acknowledgment before swiveling his head back to face us. 

      "Anyone else want food?"

     All three of us nodded, Yeontan offering a sniffle as he stared up at the others with wide, glossy eyes. Jimin spotted a few food carts located on the other side of the garden, and after what felt like another hour, we stepped out onto the sidewalk swarming with people. Jungkook and Taehyung wanted to stay behind to take pictures, leaving Jimin, Yoongi, Nari, and I to search for a cart that would satisfy each of our rumbling stomachs.