chapter 102 ~ 𝒔𝒆𝒂 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔

| !! MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING !! |

CONTAINS BLOOD, STRONG LANGUAGE, & ANGST

_

       It was the pain that woke me up. I bit down hard on my tongue as I groaned into the carpeted floor, feeling heat surface around my right shoulder and consume the whole of my lower left leg. I didn't dare open my eyes to the sight I knew would be waiting for me. The smell of blood wafted up to my nose as I inhaled sharply to steady my heart rate, but it was mixed with something else. My arm and foot felt heavy; heavier than they should've felt with the seeping wound of a bullet in their place. I hesitantly flexed my foot and whimpered when a sharp pain shot all the way up my leg through my stomach. Something was wrapped tightly around it, probably to stop the flow of blood that had already stained much of the living room carpet.

       Yura must've wrapped up my injuries to stop them from bleeding out further, but I couldn't think of a reason he'd actually want to help me. Other than the fact that I had bled all over his floor and would continue to do so if he didn't bandage the wounds he'd caused. That thought seemed to settle me; he didn't care if I died, but at least he'd prevented something from going even worse by stopping the flow of blood.

      Finally, I cracked my eyes open but was met with the pitch blackness of the still, musty air. I already knew Yura had thrown me back in the closet at the end of the hall, and as I listened past my beating heart and panicky breathing, I could hear him fumbling about past the door, somewhere in the apartment doing who-knows-what. With my good arm, I pushed myself into a sitting position with my bottom lip caught, hard, between my teeth to silence any cry of pain that threatened to fall from them. I flipped onto my rear and sat for a moment to catch my breath. The more I moved, the harder it seemed to draw in each breath. I stared straight out before me at the door, knowing I was bolted inside and scooted forward to lean against it for support. My eyes fluttered shut and I drew a shaky breath through my nose, caught by the smell of blood that seemed to run all throughout my insides.

      The wind began to pick up outside, shuddering the shackles and frames around the apartment's windows, and I thought of how Nari always got a cold during the colder months. Her pink nose ran soggy and she sneezed at least twice every hour. Jimin would wrap her in a blanket and press a chaste kiss to her furry forehead as they cuddled on the couch to share each other's warmth. The memory brought a smile to my face, but it was quickly flushed out at the soft knocking that sounded on my door.

      No. Not my door. The front door.

      Yoongi.

_

      Yura's head perked up at the sound of knocking coming from the front door. He held his gaze on the piece of carved, polished wood for a minute or so before glancing down the hall and making his way across the living room. The broom closet was still bolted up tight from when he first locked Yumin inside nearly two hours prior. He stood for another minute wondering who would risk knocking on his door at such an odd hour before it sounded again, this time angrier than before.

     Stepping over the freshly washed squares of carpet, once spotted with fresh blood, the brunet placed his palm on the door directly over the small bullet hole that had managed to chip away parts of the wooden door. He squinted through the peephole and froze. Outside waited a police officer with his hands wrung out before him as he stared down the road to his left. Yura hesitated, slipping his hand around the doorknob and clenching it tightly. Just before he twisted it open, he hollered through the door for the officer to give him one second before shuffling quickly down the hall.