chapter 96 ~ 𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒚

CONTAINS MINOR STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTION OF NEEDLES, & MINOR ANGST

_

      After I called Chanyoung, I made my way downstairs into the kitchen with the urge for a hearty breakfast. It was only about eight in the morning, and with nothing to do that required my absence from the house, I figured I mine as well find something to do other than sleep all day. Upstairs, I could hear the hushed voices of Namjoon, Jungkook, and one other voice from a partially closed-off bedroom farther down the hall. For a moment I simply stood and tried to tune in on their conversation, but a moment ticked by where I heard nothing and then the sound of the door slamming, shutting everything off.

        I gathered food from the fridge and spent almost an hour preparing each individual plate for myself and everyone else in the house. The smell of freshly cooked bacon, eggs, and the slight smoke billowing from half-cut bagels lured Jimin and Seokjin down to the first floor. They stepped about the kitchen, still in their pajamas, pondering if all the food was for them.

      "No, I'm renting out the house as a bed and breakfast," I chortled. "Yes, it's for you."

      "You didn't have to, angel," Jimin commented, but still made his way to the kitchen island and accepted a lukewarm plate into his hands. He leaned over to press a kiss to my forehead as a thank you before making his way to the table, Jin in close tow after him.

       "Thank you, baby." Seokjin's voice sounded raspy and hoarse from sleep, sending tingles down my spine as his lips pecked at the corner of my mouth before he followed after his younger boyfriend.

       Even though he and I weren't official and hadn't really discussed the boundaries of our relationship, hearing certain pet names slip from his tongue and receiving delicate kisses from him made me feel as if I were floating. Taking a steady breath, I took my own plate and made for a seat at the head of the table, as I had always done before. I dug into my food, my appetite large from slaving over the stove all morning, but it soon began to fade as Jungkook, Namjoon, and Hoseok stalked in from the living room.

       "What's with the long faces?" Seokjin pondered from my right, mouth full with a mix of everything on his plate as he crammed it down his throat.

       Jungkook squeezed Hoseok's hand as he led him towards the island to offer him a plate. 
"I told hyung about Rachel."

       Everyone froze. Slowly, I lowered my fork down onto my plate with a soft clink, my gaze never leaving the three bodies standing off to the side of us. Jungkook bit down on his bottom lip nervously, his hyung flexing their hands together before finally letting go. The brunet took a plate into his hand and offered it up to the youngest before retrieving one for himself. They walked about almost as normal, save for the quietness that now lingered with them. Jungkook looked almost relieved and I had completely forgotten that we'd neglected to tell the others about what else had happened while they were gone.

       "Y-You did?" I stuttered.

       "Mhm. Everything."

       I flushed. Everything. That meant that they both knew I had practically turned against everyone while lost in my own headspace. Namjoon would love to use that against me whenever he got the chance, I knew it. "Remember when Jungkook was taken advantage of and you basically said 'Fuck you, I don't care.'? Yeah. Stupid mutt." I sighed to myself, pulling my gaze away from them and bringing it back down to my plate.