chapter 66 ~ 𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF ALCOHOL, DRUGS, & ANGST

_

     I writhed beneath my bedsheets, panting heavily as my eyes screwed shut with discomfort. Nothing felt right; everything felt unnerving and out of place. With a startled gasp, I sat bolt upright, staring forward with wide eyes as my breathing stalled, my heart pounding dangerously fast against my chest. Before I had the chance to curl forward, a bright blue tub was placed in front of me, a small, pale hand grasping the side as something rubbed soothingly up and down my back. An unsettling pain lingered in the center of my stomach, a groan slipping from my lips as I instinctively leaned over the tub. I felt as if I'd done this repeatedly already, but that thought quickly subsided as a searing pain jabbed at my temples. This wasn't how I wanted my morning to unfold, but after last night what did I expect?

     Last night. What even happened last night? All I could remember was dragging myself inside after matching Rachel's address with the one in the Bentley's navigator, only to collapse against the fridge in search of something to drink. Alcohol. I'd drank my pain away and like the stupid girl I was I'd ended up getting caught. Everything was a blur after that.

     "Just breath, angel."

     I immediately recognized Jimin's voice beside me, his hand brushing against the front of my head to push my hair from my face. A whimper escaped my trembling lips, rapid pants forcing themselves from the depths of my chest as I tried to push past the lingering pain in my head and stomach. "Jimin,"  was all I could groan, lowering my head until it rested inside the blue tub.

     "Oh, baby no." Something smelled awful beneath my nose, Jimin releasing my hair to push gently against my shoulder. He sat me upright, a moan slipping past my lips as a burst of pain flashed through my head. The blonde gently stroked the sides of my face, cupping my chin to inspect me carefully before going back to rubbing soothing circles against my back. "It's okay, angel. Just sit still for me, okay? You'll be fine."

     "Jimin." I felt so pathetic, my words coming out as strangled whimpers as tears sprang up in my eyes, cascading down my fiery cheeks and dripping onto my thighs. A mess was what I was, and a pathetic one at that. I must've blacked out sometime last night because I couldn't remember much well after midnight, but somehow I had ended up in Jimin's bed with the blonde at my side, sunlight peeking in through the blinds behind us.

      "Shh, shh. It's okay, baby." I felt the mattress shift beneath me as Jimin leaned over the edge of his bed to grab his phone off his nightstand. One hand still on the small of my back, he used his free hand to type out a quick text before dropping his phone and folding me awkwardly in his embrace. 

     Almost immediately, I felt completely safe, shielded from the intrusive thoughts that threatened to overflow in my mind. I threw my arms around his torso, burying my face in the crook of Jimin's neck and breathing in the familiarity of his presence. My tears dampened the collar of his shirt, but his skin radiated with heat from beneath. Eyes shut, I rolled myself forward until I was seated between his legs, curled up against his chest as I began to cry uncontrollably.

     "Jungkook," I whimpered, not caring if the blonde could hear. I didn't know if I had told him what I'd found the prior night, but at that moment I couldn't care less. I was hurting all over, and this time I wanted everyone to know that I was coming close to my final straw. If I held it in any longer I would completely fall apart.