chapter 98 ~ 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚

CONTAINS WEAPONS, MENTIONS OF ABUSE, & ANGST

_

      I felt the tip of the gun press into my spine as we walked up the steps to our old apartment. Yura loomed closer over my shoulder as he reached around me to unlock the door and push it open. "Move," he ordered, forcing me forward into the dark apartment as he kicked the door shut behind him. I listened to several latches close us inside and finally, the gun was removed from my back. The breath left my lungs as Yura's presence shifted away from me and I slowly spun around. 

       I was shoved further into the apartment with Yura's hand gripping my shoulder, my own reaching up to steady myself on his toned arms as we stumbled down the hall. One left turn and we'd be in our old bedroom, and sure enough, that's where he guided me. I was thrown at the foot of the bed with a grunt, my body feeling weak and tingly as I cowered away from the man before me. He slammed the door shut and stood heaving in the dark. I couldn't distinguish a single part of him, but sensing his presence was enough for me to know that I was in immediate danger.

      Carefully, Yura bent down on one knee and extended an arm close to my face. I flinched from his touch out of habit, but he gently placed his palm up against my cheek and began to caress my skin.

       "We'll settle things tomorrow," he mumbled. "For now, let's go to bed."

        I yanked my face out of his touch and the brunet recoiled with a sigh. "There's nothing to settle!" I spat. "You're fucking sick."

        "Watch your tone, Yumin. Don't make me mad."

        "Or what!? You're gonna beat me? Like you always did? And you wonder why I tried so hard to get away from you!"

         "I only did those things because I love you, Yumin."

         "You don't love me. They love me! You just want to keep me locked away for yourself, you sick fuck!"

          "Yumin-ah, I'm really not in the mood for this right now."

         "Then fucking hit me! Slap me, punch me, throw me across the fucking room like you always do! What am I gonna try and do; run away?"

        A lightbulb went off in my head and I quickly sealed my lips shut. Yura pulled away with a snarl plastered on his face, hand on his knee as his fingers dug into the material of his jeans. He seemed much calmer than normal, but it could've been because of the fact that his gun was in the waistband of his pants and he could use it at any moment to get what he wished out of me. Maybe if I played along, I could weasel my way out of the apartment when he least expected it.

        "I know you're not gonna run away," the brunet mumbled, and I felt a sense of relief wash over me at the assumption. "Can we talk in the morning? Just...go to sleep."

        He gestured back toward his bed and I looked up at him in disgust. My stomach twisted with unease but I still clambered up onto unsteady feet and made my way to my side of the bed. Yura walked around the other side and made for his closet where he pulled out clean clothes for the both of us. He tossed an outfit for bed behind me and began shedding his clothes in the dark without a care that I was nearby. It was as if I'd never left and our routine for bed slowly fell back into place. I refused Yura's clean clothes, however, instead hugging my arms to my stomach as I sheltered myself inside one of Taehyung's oversized t-shirts and my black sweats. Yura wandered back over to his side of the bed and peered down at me lazily, taking me in.