chapter 82 ~ 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔

CONTAINS ANGST, FLUFF, BRIEF MENTIONS OF EXPLICIT INTENT & VAPING

_

      My hands fisted the bedsheets beside my head shakily as I curled in on my rumpled pillow. Yoongi's arm dove over my waist, his fingers spasming slightly as they brushed across my exposed abdomen in his sleep. It was comforting to have him pressed up against my backside while I slept, listening to the soft shudder of his breath and the hushed groans that slipped from his swollen lips sending butterflies flitting about my stomach. 

     I couldn't help but become distressed as soon as my body began to wake with my mind; the reality of what I had caused and would ultimately cause in the future began to settle back on my shoulders like a heavy coat, suffocating me and making sweat build up on the back of my neck. Tears swelled in my eyes behind closed lids and soon dribbled down my cheeks as a sigh of discomfit became audible.

     A warm feeling crawled down the sides of my neck to my chest as a hand soothingly stroked my cheek as I lay deathly still. My eyes fluttered open, and to my surprise were met with Jungkook's soft, dark brown orbs that glistened gold in the morning light. Nerves rocketing with frigid cold, I pushed myself out of his reach, wary of his unsuspected presence lying before me in bed. As I pushed myself up onto my elbows, Yoongi's arm tightened around my middle, forcing me back down against my mattress.

     I was beginning to feel trapped by the people around me. All I ever did was run, run, run away from my problems, and the welcoming feeling of escape began to seep into my bones once more as I shut my eyes tight to conceal my tears. Rustling sounded from behind me and down near my feet; I urged my legs up against my stomach in fear as the rustling grew louder and could eventually be felt through the mattress. Listless groans sounded in my ears as I sensed the presence of more than two other people in the room, pressing my back up against Yoongi for security as I peered down at the foot of my bed.

     Jimin, Taehyung, and Seokjin were all curled awkwardly at our feet, flopped over each other, and crammed onto my mattress like sardines in their tin can. Seokjin rose first, the brunet rubbing the sleep from his eyes as his hair fell perfectly across his head. He appeared disgruntled and irritated, but as his hand fell away from his face and his eyes rested on me, a gentle smile spread across his features that made my stomach feel slightly at ease. Taehyung slowly sat up with a yawn that stretched his face in an almost gruesome manner, but soon it settled back in place and a casual gruff, emotionless expression painted itself on his swollen profile.

      Both of their presences within my room made me nervous and filled me with shame. When Jimin appeared at Yoongi's feet, his blonde hair a fluffy mess atop his head, eyes squinting across at me through the sleep built up in his gaze, my beating heart immediately began to settle. I pushed myself slowly back against my headboard as Yoongi sat up with a groan. My eyes darted about between each of the four new bodies on my bed, wondering when they'd decided to creep into my room in the midst of the night to fall asleep around me.

     "Why're you here?" I mumbled listlessly as I hugged my arms against my stomach. 

     "We were just a little worried about you."

     Seokjin clasped his hand nervously against the nape of his neck, rubbing gently as he offered a toothless smile. I stared across at him, watching Jimin from the side as he pushed himself groggily onto his knees and shuffled in front of me. He collapsed against my legs, forcing them apart so that he could cuddle into my lower abdomen with his arms hooked around my waist.