chapter 35 ~ 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, SEXUAL CONTENT, FLUFF, & ANGST

_

     I groaned aloud, stretching out my limbs as sunlight filtered into the bedroom. My skin warmed to a comfortable temperature, leaving me feeling sleepy and cuddly as I wrapped my arm around the soft mass in front of me. The events of last evening replayed through my head, a listless smile spreading across my face as I nuzzled closer to the mass before me. As my body drew closer, it somewhat deflated, my eyes flaring wide at the idiotic thought of crushing Jimin's small form. Pushing myself to my hands, I stared down at a pillow, my brow furrowed in thought for a second before a wave of emotions came crashing down on me.

     "He left," I muttered, slowly sitting back down against the bed. My heart seized painfully in my chest, forcing my eyes shut as I fought off tears. The amount of pain that flowed through my body elicited a whimper from my throat, eyes shut tightly as tears spilled over my rosy cheeks. My body slowly began to grow numb, the familiar, heartbreaking feeling of waking up in an empty bed after sex settling over me. I thought things would be different after I left Yura, but I guess I thought wrong. I sniffled, burying my head between my knees and letting the tears roll numbly off my cheeks, dangling on my chin before dropping onto the warm, crisp bed sheets. 

     Why does this have to keep happening? my mind muttered. My nails bit into the skin around my knees, a dull pain flaring up around my bruised ankle and down the insides of my thighs. I shuddered, missing the feeling of Jimin's hands gripping my waist, his lips marking the skin around my neck and collar. But now, sitting alone in the strip of light coming from the window, my feet entangled in Jimin's messy bedsheets, I just felt empty. All I wanted to do was go to sleep and pretend like nothing happened the prior night, even though just the mere thought of it sent butterflies alight in my stomach. Another whimper slipped past my lips as my heart lurched in my chest, more tears spilling over my face as I curled in on myself. I felt like I was only being used as a play-thing, a stupid sex toy that was easily manipulated and swayed into doing almost anything.

     The sound of the bedroom door creaking open sent a cold shiver down my spine, forcing my head further between my knees to hide my flushed, tear-stained face. I muttered under my breath, my heart a painful, throbbing mass inside of my chest that threatened to take the breath from my lungs. 

     "Angel?" Jimin's voice was thick with fatigue, the mattress sinking as he lowered himself in from of me, crawling forward until his knees straddled the sides of my legs. His hands slid along my forearms, nudging me into a sitting position. The brunet's eyes widened upon finding me teary-eyed and trembling, his gaze soft and full of worry as he cupped the side of my face. I pushed myself up with shaky hands, throwing my arms around Jimin's neck and burying my face against him. I bit down on my bottom lip to muffle my sobs as I clung to the brunet anxiously, feeling his arms gently circle my waist as he pulled me close.

     "I th-thought you left," I stuttered.

     "I only went out into the kitchen, angel. I wasn't going to leave you." The brunet pressed a kiss against my forehead, rubbing his arms reassuringly up and down my sides. I nuzzled my face against the side of his neck, feeling a painful shudder rip through me as the wave of emotions coursing through my body refused to subside. Tears dribbled uncontrollably down my face, making me tremble at that thought of reacting so childishly to Jimin's absence. He tightened his hold around me, turning about so that he could lower us against his bed, pulling me flush against his toned chest.