chapter 90 ~ 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, ANGST, & MENTION OF SEXUAL ACT

_

      Taehyung decided to put Yeontan in a harness to better control the energetic pup that afternoon. There was a park not far from the member's dorm where he could take his dog and Nari for a walk alongside Jimin and Jungkook. That would occupy them for a little while before they wandered off to do something else to entertain them for however long Seokjin needed them out of the house. He hadn't specified how long they would have to stay out, but surely it wouldn't be until dinner.

      Kiana swiveled cooly in her stool at the kitchen island, a fizzy drink clutched in her hand as her fingers continuously tapped at the can. Her nerves were running high as the clock ticked on, waiting for the minute she would see her childhood friend and talk to her about the stressful topic of Yura and his charges. Nervously, the brunette took a huge gulp from her drink before slamming it down on the counter, the can crinkling slightly in her rough grasp.

      Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung bid their partners and friend farewell for the time being before stepping outside. Nari exited the house with a cheerful woof, but there was nothing cheery about the atmosphere. Yoongi, Seokjin, and Kiana all loitered in the kitchen for a moment longer before the youngest slipped out of her seat and made for the second story. The others were right on her tail and eventually, they slowed as to not disturb Yumin, who was most likely hiding away in her room. Sure enough, as the freckled brunette pushed her way inside, they found Yumin seated comfortably atop her bed with her head resting against her headboard. Her eyes were screwed shut and tears were clearly staining her cheeks red.

      Yumin inhaled sharply as the others shuffled past her doorway, eager to start the dreaded conversation as soon as possible. They just wanted it to be done and over with. Seokjin wasn't sure how much more any of them could take, but he knew he was close to having a breakdown from the few stress-filled months he'd been home. This wasn't what he'd expected after landing at the airport at all.

       Lifting her head, the youngest brunette eyed the three of them carefully, not bothering to wipe her tears away as she beckoned them towards her bed. She pulled her legs close to her torso and flapped a hand pleadingly in Kiana's direction. She took Yumin's hand carefully in her grasp before sitting down next to her and rubbing circles along her calf. Yoongi sat to Yumin's left, while Seokjin rooted himself at the edge of the bed. He folded his hands properly in his lap to stop them from fidgeting every couple of seconds. 

       "So..." Yumin blinked up at him directly, making his little bit of confidence shrivel in on itself. "You came here to talk about Yura, so let's talk."

      "I'm sorry we have to do this, Yumin."

      "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault." She shrugged and cast her gaze down to the floor. "It's the best thing to do anyways."

       "I'm glad you think that," Kiana smiled softly, running her hand over the top of her friend's head and down her back. "Does that mean you're willing to testify?"

      Yumin nodded, lips sealed shut as she rested her head atop her knees. The room remained quiet for some time; Seokjin really thought he would have to coerce her into testifying against her ex, or at least to show at a court hearing. Leaning forward, he enveloped the smaller girl in his arms and brought her to his chest, inhaling her scent as his mind began to grow foggy all over again. His head felt like a rollercoaster as it dipped and fell every second with a new feeling. Yumin cuddled close into his embrace with a sigh, her hands slipping around his slim waist to keep him beside her.