chapter 24 ~ 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈

CONTAINS ANGST, FLUFF, BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ABUSE, LITTLE SPACE, CHOKING KINK & STRONG LANGUAGE

_

     A chill ran up Jungkook's spine, forcing him to curl closer around the body in his arms. He sniffled quietly, his nose stuffy from crying the previous night. The look of worry and despair on Yumin's face wouldn't leave his mind, making him wish he hadn't cried in front of her. But, if he hadn't, she wouldn't have helped him. The prior night allowed them to let each other into their hearts, if only a little bit. Jungkook smiled sleepily, slipping his hand under Yumin's shirt to brush against her bare stomach, feeling her body rise and fall with each breath. She whimpered under her breath, arching her back against him. Yumin tilted her head back against Jungkook's shoulder, mumbling something unintelligible under her breath. A chuckle slipped past Jungkook's lips as he leaned into her touch, tucking his hand beneath her. He lay quietly with her, careful not to wake the sleeping brunette.

     "Then let me in." Jungkook sighed comfortably as Yumin's voice bounced around his head. Most of the doubt that had clouded his thoughts seemed to vanish overnight, colorful buds of hope blossoming about his head. 

     "Jungkook," Yumin whined nervously, fisting the couch cushion beneath her. Jungkook pushed himself up to his hands, staring down her with wide eyes. The brunette had her eyes shut tightly, her breathing growing uneven as she continued to fret in her sleep. A pained moan slipped past her lips as she slowly curled in on herself.

     "Yumin?" Jungkook muttered, gently sliding his hand over her shoulder. "Yumin-ah?"

     "No. Please, s-s-stop."

     Jungkook pulled his arm back quickly, thinking Yumin was addressing him. Her eyes were still shut tight. Tears began to slip down her cheeks, dampening the cushion beneath her. Jungkook leaned forward, gently turning her on her back. The brunette whimpered restlessly, her teeth grit as she reached out and latched on to Jungkook's torso.

     "Yura," she mewled, clinging to Jungkook anxiously. "No."

     "Yumin!" Jungkook growled. "Yumin-ah, wake up."

     "Kook," she groaned, eyes still shut. 

     Jungkook gently wrapped his hands around Yumin's shoulders and shook her awake. She sat bolt upright, eyes wide as she stared at Jungkook. Tears dribbled down her face as she hesitantly wrapped her arms around Jungkook's torso, burying her head against his neck. Jungkook wrapped her tightly in his embrace, pulling her against his chest, feeling a tremor wrack her whole body.

     "What happened? Are you alright?" Jungkook murmured, pressing his face against hers.

     Yumin nodded against his neck, hugging him tightly. She kept her mouth closed, refusing to close her eyes. Jungkook glanced down at her, running his hand over the back of her head before cupping her face in his palms. Softly, he brushed to tears off her face, pressing their foreheads together. "You're not gonna talk to me?" Jungkook questioning, feeling his heartbeat quicken nervously. Yumin shook her head, averting her gaze to her hands, clasped tightly against the front of Jungkook's shirt.

     Yumin's silence caused a bit of doubt to slip back into Jungkook's mind, scrambling his thoughts. She doesn't trust you, Jungkook. That's why she's not talking. Just let go of her. The brunet shook those thoughts irritably from his head, but he couldn't shake them completely. He sighed testily, gently running his fingers down her back and under her shirt. Yumin leaned into his touch almost needily, slipping her hands up and around his neck.