chapter 84 ~ 𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒆

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, METION OF WEAPONS & ASSAULT, & ANGST

_

𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤

_

     Jungkook stood in front of his mirror, quietly taking in his well-built form adorned in a white button-up and black blazer. His trousers felt too tight, each button biting into the skin of his torso and chest, the collar of his shirt choking every breath from out of his lungs until he saw his cheeks grow red. Maybe he didn't need a tie after all. Hesitantly, he slipped into his buckled shoes, purposely taking his time to wiggle his feet into place as he glanced down at the watch on his wrist. 

     Rachel's trial started at nine. It was ticking in at almost 7:45 in the morning and Sejin said that they needed to be at the court by at least eight. With a sigh, the brunet jammed his hands into his pockets. All he wanted was to sleep in for once; he couldn't remember what it felt like to have a restful sleep, his constant dreaming, fidgeting, and nightmares keeping him up until odd hours in the morning. A shuddering sigh escaped his rosy lips as he briefly remembered the first night terror he'd experienced with Yumin; feeling her tense up in his arms as she whimpered his name in her sleep. How she'd tried so hard to hide it from him and his hyungs just so she wouldn't burden them further. And now, it was him that was hiding it from her. The rolls were reversed, Jungkook tightening his grip around his bedsheets almost every night as he groaned Rachel's name under his breath. Every nightmare he had, he couldn't escape her grip. She forced him back against her bed every single time and he woke with tears in his eyes and the breath absent from his lungs.

      "Baby?"

     Jungkook's spine went rigid at the sound of a feminine voice from behind. He wiped the back of his hand over his eyes as tears collected in his lashes, keeping his back to his door as soft footsteps stepped cautiously towards him. After what felt like several heartbeats, arms circled his waist and something pressed up against him from behind, making him feel warm and safe as his stiff spine thawed until he slumped forward.

     Jungkook recognized Yumin's presence: her scent, her touch, her voice, just the feeling of her pressed up against his without having to see her face. He felt her shift onto her toes, lips brushing against the nape of his neck as she pressed delicate kisses down to his collar. Linking their hands together for a moment, he tugged her forward into his line of sight, immediately making for her slender waist to pull her against him.

     "We should head out soon," she whispered into his shirt. "The sooner we get it over with, the better."

     "I know...I know."

     Jungkook couldn't think of anything else to say. He had a million thoughts tumbling out of order in his head and yet he found it so difficult to put them into words. Yumin's hands slid up his chest and around his neck, her nails sending tingles racing down his spine. Her touch made his thoughts grow disorganized until frustration began to take shape. Being used to a complicated life, things had grown too difficult for him to fully handle. He just wished he could go back to before he'd met Rachel. Oftentimes, he wished before Yumin, but he was thankful he'd met the brunette amongst all other things that had occurred in the past nine months.

     Yumin's hands slowly slipped down his chest as she began to back away, but he kept his arms hooked behind her waist to keep her against him. Jungkook groaned in irritation under his breath, growing more and more frustrated the longer he stood still. Rolling his eyes, he gently shoved against her stomach, forcing her back against the wall between his closet doors as he roughly entrapped her lips between his. His fingers bit into her skin through her clothes, rumpling the fancy material as he greedily tugged her against his chest. She gasped in surprise, hands twitching in the air as she struggled to slip into his embrace. Gradually, her body softened and her hands lowered to his chest as she fisted his collar to urge the upper half of him over herself. He towered a few inches above her, one arm stationed near her head to prop him upright. Hearing Yumin's tiny whimpers under her breath seemed to ease the amount of frustration burning through his veins, but nothing was enough to satisfy him. After a few moments, Jungkook pulled away, breathless with swollen, glossy lips as he seethed to himself.