chapter 10 ~ 𝒍𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍

CONTAINS FLUFF, MINOR ANGST, MENTIONS OF ABUSE, ALCOHOL, CIGARETTES, SEXUAL CONTENT, BACKSTORIES, & CLIFFHANGER

_

     "And what if I don't?" Taehyung cracked a smile, but there was nothing friendly about it. He eyed me up and down with a sense of avidity clouding his chocolate-colored eyes. I watched him warily, holding my hands in my lap. I didn't know how to reply to him. Everything about his behavior was throwing me off and I wanted nothing more than to just get up and walk back to my room. But, something in Taehyung's gaze kept me planted on the couch.

     "Why're you acting like this, Tae?" I puzzled, making sure I didn't break eye contact with the brunet.

     "What would you do..." Taehyung prodded, completely dodging my question, "If it was just us? Alone?" He smiled at me cockily, running a hand through his dark, wavy hair. 

     "Sit and do nothing," I grumbled.

     "Oh, really?" Taehyung bit his bottom lip, looking up at the ceiling in mimed thought. "And what if I started kissing your neck, huh? Started messing with the front of your pants? Would you simply sit and do nothing then?"

     "Look, I don't know why you're fucking with me, but you can stop now," I growled. 

     "I'd rather be fucking you. Besides, it'd be fun. No one would find out, baby girl."

     I wanted to slap Taehyung so badly at that moment, but I refused to make a scene. Years of having to stay quiet forced me to my feet, leading me into the kitchen next to Jimin. I wrapped my arms around Jimin's waist from behind, resting my forehead against his back. I felt a chuckle vibrate through his lungs as he pulled a few pop tarts out of their box.

     "Sooo..." Jungkook quizzed. "What happened with you two last night? These walls must be thick, 'cause I didn't hear any-"

     "Not like that!" Jimin burst, laughing softly. "Nothing like that happened, Koo."

     "Oh?"

     "She probably wouldn't let me do anything even if I tried."

     I laughed. "We've only been together for 21 hours, Jimin. That's not happening for a while."

     "You've been with Yoongi hyung for a month now and you two haven't done anything," Jungkook pointed out, ripping open his pop tart and stuffing it into his mouth.

     "If you haven't noticed, oppa, I live with three other guys and sleep on an infirmary cot."

     The three of us laughed quietly, Jimin handing me a pop tart as we made our way back to the living room. I followed behind Jimin closely, not wanting Taehyung near me for the time being. Jungkook sat with him on the fold-out couch, handing him a fruit-filled pastry of his own. I watched him cautiously; I didn't understand why he was behaving so peculiar, but I had an idea. He's probably just testing you, I told myself. To see how loyal you are to his hyungs.

     I'm loyal, I assured myself. I had to be loyal. For someone who stayed with their abusive partner for almost two years, I had to give myself some sort of credit. A small little applaud in my mind at the least.