chapter 32 ~ 𝒊'𝒎 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, FLUFF, ANGST, & LITTLE SPACE

_

          Yumin pushed herself up on her knees, gripping the back of the couch as she watched Kiana and Yoongi exit the apartment with wide, teary eyes. A sob collected in the back of her throat as the door clicked shut, her nails anxiously digging into the soft fabric of the couch. Her head swung around, eyes red and glossy as she stared at Jungkook. "I can't let them leave. I can't let them go home alone." Yumin pushed herself off the couch, her foot immediately giving out on her as she stumbled forward. Jungkook reached out, wrapping his arms protectively around the brunette's waist and pulling her back against his chest.

     "Angel, stop," he murmured. "They'll be fine."

     Yumin wiggled irritably in his grasp, forcing the redhead to wrap his limbs tighter around her smaller form, holding her in place against him. A whine escaped her lips as her struggling ceased, head flopping back against his chest as tears continued to slip over her rosy cheeks. Jungkook adjusted himself below her, turning Yumin comfortably on his chest as she cuddled closer to him, her shoulders shaking as she cried quietly. He felt an overwhelming urge to make the brunette smile, to make her eyes light up. He wanted her tears to dry and for her to stop worrying, but he knew it would take a lot to make her feel better.

     Taehyung and Jimin stepped into the living room from the hall, their faces pale, eyelids droopy as they sat down on the floor in front of the cuddling pair. Taehyung pulled Yumin's pink bunny from behind his back, gently nudging the brunette's shoulder to get her attention. Her eyes fluttered open, narrowing at the small stuffy as she hesitantly reached out and wrapped her fingers around its paw. Taehyung tilted the bunny forward, urging Yumin to take it. She pulled the stuffy against her, holding it tightly as an embarrassed blush flared up along her cheeks.

     "You okay, angel?" Taehyung mumbled, drawing his finger lightly along her jaw. Yumin remained quiet, staring blankly down at the floor as her fingers absently grazed over the back of the stuffy. The blonde sighed, pulling back and staring over at Jimin. The brunet held eye contact for a few moments before looking up at Jungkook, the maknae sighing exhaustedly.

     "Go into one of the bedrooms. I'll text you."

     Jimin and Taehyung nodded, awkwardly pushing themselves to their feet and padding out of the living room. Yeontan padded after his owner happily, head held high as his tongue lolled out the side of his mouth. Jungkook watched the three of them disappear down the hallway before pushing himself up into a more comfortable position, his back against the bend in the couch. Yumin sniffled in his arms, causing Jungkook's heart to seize up, beating quickly in his chest. "Hey," he mumbled, pushing Yumin up to face him. The brunette held her stuffy close to her chest, gaze locked on his lap as tears blurred her vision. Jungkook cupped her cheek in his palm, pressing his lips against her forehead and dragging her attention back up to him.

     "I'm scared, Koo," she murmured, eyes wide and helpless. Jungkook slid his arms around Yumin's waist, pulling her closer to him. She kept her feet tucked against her thighs, absently flexing her foot back and forth. The brunette stared at him with tears rolling down her face, her nails working anxiously at the fur of her stuffy.

     "I know you are, angel. I know. But, I have an idea."

     "An idea?" Yumin's eyes brightened a fraction and it made Jungkook's heart soar. He smiled down at the small girl, pressing another kiss against her nose.