chapter 68 ~ 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF SEXUAL CONTENT, FLUFF, & ANGST

_

     Yoongi bounded down the steps, his phone held in the crook of his shoulder as he offered me a side glance. He chuckled at something Seokjin said through the call, mumbling a rushed, "Mhm, mhm," before shoving the phone against my chest. He dashed into the kitchen without another word, leaving me stupefied and alone in the living room as I peered down at the device. Placing it against my ear, I chirped a shy, "Hello?" as I listened past the distant muttering in the other room.

     "Yumin?"

     "Seokjin?"

     "You've gotta stop calling me that. It's too formal."

     I laughed, the first genuine laugh I'd voiced in what felt like forever. "It's your name. What else am I supposed to call you?"

     "Just Jin is fine. I don't want people thinking I'm your father or something with you going around calling me Seokjin."

     "Fine, Jin it is. Are you almost there?"

     "My plane lands in 15 minutes. Have you guys left yet?"

     Glancing into the kitchen, I watched Yoongi and Jimin dash across the tiled floor, gathering their coats and phones and asking one another if they'd forgotten anything, all while Taehyung and Jungkook lounged at the kitchen island, their eyes following their hyung's back and forth like a loose pin-ball.

     "We're not even close to getting out the door yet."

     "Aish. Tell Yoongi to stop fussing and get in the car. I don't want to have to wait around the airport all by myself waiting for you guys. I look terrible."

     "I'm sure you look fine, Jin."

     "You're sweet, but I look like I'm fresh out of a two-day camping trip from inside of a dumpster. Just get your asses down here so I can hug you and then come take a warm fucking shower."

     I chuckled in response, feeling my heart flutter at the friendly sound of Jin's voice through the phone. We said our goodbyes before I hung up and darted into the kitchen, hollering for everyone's attention and ushering them out the door. Throwing my hoodie over my head to protect my ears from the harsh winds, I waved goodbye to Nari and Yeontan standing patiently in the center of the kitchen, waiting to join the others for a fun ride, before locking them inside. I made my way quickly down the steps towards our parked cars, glancing back and forth between all four members as they tried to divvy us up between two rides.

     "Taehyung and Jungkook, take the Bentley," Jimin spoke hurriedly, tossing the keys to the maknae. Turning to Yoongi and me, he jabbed a finger at our chests before pulling us along with him to his truck. I hopped in the backseat, allowing the two older men the privilege of sitting in the front while they cursed anxiously under their breaths. Jimin jabbed his key into the truck, revving the engine before backing out of our driveway, hollering out of Yoongi's window at the others before speeding off.

     "How much longer until he lands?" Jimin panted, gripping the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white.

     "About ten minutes," I murmured, eyes trained on the blonde. He looked so stressed as if arriving at the airport even a second late would result in another two years without his hyung's presence. Leaning forward, I drew a hand soothingly along his shoulder, hoping to calm him down. He loosened up beneath his touch, releasing an uneasy sigh and leaning back in his seat. "We'll make it on time, okay? Even if we're a little late, he'll still be waiting for us."