Chapter 90

The morning after Siyeon woke up feeling really nervous. She hadn't been able to sleep and she felt way too tired. She didn't like the idea of willingly letting Nara take control, but she trusted Yubin enough to agree with this plan. She was sitting on the couch and drinking a cup of blood, trying to calm herself down when Minji appeared in the living room.

"Hey... did I wake you up by coming downstairs?" The younger vampire asked with an apologetic smile.

"You did but it's fine, it's no problem" Minji smiled, quickly going to the kitchen to take herself a cup of blood as well before joining Siyeon on the couch, sitting close to her.

The two of them stayed in a comfortable silence for a couple of minutes before Siyeon spoke again.

"Minji... these people, these stones... They were mates" the blonde vampire whispered "Do you think that... has something to do with us being this close? With us being soulmates?"

"No, I'm sure it doesn't. We are still Minji and Siyeon, wolf. Those souls or whatever they are have never controlled our lives so... I'm sure you are my legit soulmate. As Lee Siyeon" the black haired vampire smiled.

"But Solise... She felt Nara in me, I know that for sure. She knew" Siyeon whispered, turning her head towards Minji. "I thought about this all night long... if these souls weren't here... would it have been the same? Would you still have set a village on fire for me?"

"Of course I would have! I didn't even know about that thing, I'm sure this soul in me didn't either. And yes, she probably felt her that day because they are mates but that doesn't change anything for us..."

"How can you be sure of it?" Siyeon asked, putting her cup of blood down. "I already thought we had a really unusual relationship. We were not mates but we were close as ones... and now that I know this... I can't stop myself from thinking that maybe they had something to do with it"

"Singnie... they had to awaken Solise in me to get her out because she was 'sleeping' they said... That means the same goes for your Nara in there... I'm sure that the fact we are soulmates doesn't derive from their bond" the older vampire said, sounding confident because she wanted it to be true.

Siyeon nodded weakly, moving closer to Minji and hugging her tightly.

"I want you to be right... I need you to be right" the younger vampire whispered, relaxing a little but and closing her eyes.

"What we have is ours, Singnie, no one else's" Minji whispered, kissing the blonde's head a few times.

"It's just ours" Siyeon repeated as if she could convince herself. "We've been together for so many years, we've shared everything... this is real, our relationship is real and we are bonded because we are... not because they are"

"Exactly, little wolf. All I've done to protect you in my life was me. Because you're mine" Minji stated.

Siyeon smiled, still keeping her eyes closed but snuggling even closer to Minji.

"You have literally been... all I had for more than 200 years. You and no one else... and the way I love you... that can't be because of someone else. It's just me, genuinely loving my soulmate"

"Exactly, so don't go asking dumb questions again, wolfie and stop worrying about it too" Minji smiled genuinely, combing the younger vampire's hair and kissing her temple.

"I'm sorry, I just needed to get this off my chest" Siyeon whispered with a little smile. "How do you feel about today?"

"I don't know... it will be... weird? I mean... letting her out willingly? I'm a bit scared about... the fact she may not go away again"