Chapter 119

The next morning Minji woke up feeling like a wreck. It was like everything was going in the wrong way, no matter how hard they tried to make a step forward... something was constantly pushing them back. Their last mission was successful meaning that they killed the key figure, but at the same time it went awfully because they didn't manage to get information out of that crazy woman, they thought they lost Yubin and if that wasn't enough, Siyeon and Yoohyeon h

ad a major fight and they kept bickering for the smallest things.

To put it simply there were a lot of dormant problems over the group ticking timebombs that would eventually explode and create a mess at the worst possible time.

As Minji was preparing herself a blood coffee, Yubin walked in the kitchen and there it was... the biggest ticking bomb of them all. A second in command from another pack, Jiwoo's pack.

"Hey Yubin" the oldest woman greeted her, trying to give her a smile. "Months later and we are still the early birds of the group"

"Good morning, Minji" the blue haired girl said with a yawn. "Habits don't change that easily I guess. We wake up early, Yoohyeon sleep till noon"

"So does Gahyeon" Minji teased since both their girlfriends were fans of sleeping till late. "But... That's good, it means we have time to talk"

"Siyeon and Bora could wake up soon" Yubin said, not really wanting to talk seriously right now. She had finally forged a bond with Minji in the second to last mission and now she feared it was gone.

"They could... but for now it's just me and you" Minji stated, preparing a blood coffee for Yubin as well. She put the cup in front of the girl on the table and she sat down, signaling her to do the same. "Is this your first blood coffee?"

"First blood in general" the younger vampire answered, staring at the cup.

"The first blood you remember" Minji corrected her. "I'm sure you had to drink a lot of Jiwoo's blood right after she turned you"

"It's kind of the same mindset, Minji. I never willingly drank this"

"You will love it, believe me" the oldest vampire reassured her, taking a sip of her own blood coffee. "It will help you realize you're really a vampire"

"I don't think I need that extra confirmation" the latter stated, taking a sip from the drink and loving it, just like Minji expected.

"From your face I can see you like it" the black haired girl smiled, putting her cup down on the table. "Now... me and you really have to talk about this situation"

"Look, if I had the choice to join a pack I would definitely join yours. You can't be mad at me or shut me out because I couldn't choose"

"I'm not mad at you, Yubin and I won't shut you out" Minji reassured her, shaking her head. "Another leader would have already done that but... Jiwoo knows you're safe here. But there are things you don't probably know yet about how this works"

"I don't. I only know I don't like it. The way you acted yesterday really wasn't nice" the younger girl said, locking eyes with the black haired vampire.

"I acted on instinct, because you showed your fang to my partner and between vampires from different packs that means challenge, Yubin" Minji explained, looking at her. "I know this is being hard on you but... it's hard for me as well, it never happened before"

"She literally asked me to show my fangs. She wanted to see them, how is that a challenge? I'm still Lee Yubin, I would never hurt her"

"You've always been the one with problems to understand vampires' rules but... now you are one of us, Yubin. And you have to learn them" Minji stated, sounding firm. "Everyone here loves you, including me and I would never shut you out the pack... but your loyalty is not to me now"