Chapter 109

The same morning Yubin and Gahyeon were at college, but they barely saw each other because their first class was different and they didn't see the other during the first break at the lockers like they used to... mostly because Yubin took the books she needed from there and flew to the next class. She sat down in a different spot, knowing that Gahyeon wouldn't sit next to her anyway and she opened a book, lazily reading something.

"Hey, Yubs" a familiar voice said as the girl in question planted her butt on the desk and sat up on it. "Got tired of her?"

"Hi Miyeon" Yubin sighed, not even raising her head since she could recognise her voice. "No, I'm not tired of her"

"Where is she then? You two practically never left each other's side. Did she get tired of you?"

"I don't know... it may be" the blue haired girl replied, putting the book down on her desk, looking at Miyeon. "It's not any of your business anyway"

"Really? If a person I like looks sad, can't I ask what's bothering her?" Miyeon asked with a smile, rubbing Yubin's arm.

The hunter looked up at the brunette girl and sighed, locking eyes with her.

"I owe you an apology, Miyeon" she said, sounding genuine.

"Why would you owe me an apology? I was the clingy bitch that fell in love, no?"

"I treated you so badly and you didn't deserve that. You were always nice to me and... I used that" Yubin admitted, wanting to lift this weight off of her chest.

"You used what? My kindness? I willingly gave you my kindness, Yubs" the girl said.

"I know you did... but I took your kindness, your body, your love... and I treated all of that like it was nothing" the hunter whispered, locking eyes with Miyeon. "I know I denied this but... I genuinely liked spending time with you. But I can't say I was in love"

"You didn't treat any of those things badly. You accepted my kindness, my body... well that speaks for itself and my love... you just didn't reciprocate, there is no blame on you" she explained, crossing her legs.

"I knew you loved me, Miyeon... and I still decided to 'have' others... even though I knew that hurt you" Yubin explained, shaking her head. Miyeon chuckled.

"Still the same Yubs. Always blaming herself. You made it very clear we weren't exclusive, so if I got hurt, that was because of my own perseverance" she stated, tilting Yubin's chin up to lock eyes with her. "Not yours"

"You are still too kind with me" the blue haired girl whispered, not breaking eye contact. "Just... accept my apologies"

"I accept them but... you do remember what I told you about the pink one right?"

"What about her?" Yubin asked, still looking in Miyeon's eyes.

"From the start I told you that yes, she might love you but you needed to ask yourself a question; 'is the love she gives you, the right one, the one you want?' "

"What kind of love do you think I need, Miyeon?" The blue haired girl asked.

"That's not my point. You have the answer to that and I'm asking you now. Did you find out? Does she give you enough? I mean... why else would you not be with her right now?" Miyeon asked.

"We had a fight and we are trying to fix it. She... is trying to fix it, I think" Yubin whispered, not sure of the answer since Gahyeon barely acknowledged her presence this morning at the vampires' place.

"I'm your friend, so... if you need help... you know you can talk to me right" Miyeon asked with a smile, putting a hand on Yubin's shoulder and squeezing it a bit.