Chapter 162

A few days later, in the vampires' place, Yubin was at the kitchen table, reading one of those old books, nervously scratching her head. Yesterday they successfully completed their stealth mission in the Nightshades' prison, not finding another soul weaver there which was positive news. The mission had pretty much gone flawlessly with no problems, making everyone extra happy about its success.

Jiwoo walked inside to prepare a blood coffee and she couldn't help but chuckle at the scene, gaining a glare from Yubin.

"I'm making a blood coffee, you want one too?" The older vampire asked, receiving no answer at all. "Did you become deaf?" She sighed, closing Yubin's book to gain her attention.

"No, I perfectly hear you but I'm just deciding not to react" the latter responded, pulling the book back and opening it again, shaking her head. She had talked to Jiwoo about wanting to mate Gahyeon a few days ago but she had told them to at least wait until after this mission.

"Oh come on, is this about the mate thing?" Jiwoo sighed, walking to the counter. "I didn't tell you not to do it... The only reason why I didn't give you my blessing as leader is that you chose a really horrible time to do that"

"Why? It's not like it would influence the mission. Siyeon told us it was literally just a special bite"

"It's just a special bite, physically" Jiwoo corrected her. "But since you two are from two different packs... it could change the dynamics and the balance and I really don't want that to happen now"

Yubin locked eyes with Jiwoo and looked deep in them with a glare.

"So when you said at least until after this mission, you pretty much meant until after the war then?" She asked. If that was the reason she denied it now, that was definitely it.

"I would prefer that to happen after the war, yes" Jiwoo admitted, putting a cup of blood coffee in front of Yubin and going back to the counter to make one for herself. "But I'll talk with Minji about it when they're back... and we'll see"

"Great. Just great. And you still wonder why I hate these vampire rules?" Yubin sighed, focussing on her book again with an angry face.

"They're not the best but they keep a balance" Jiwoo explained with a little smile, walking back to the table with a little knife. She cut her own arm and let a little bit of blood drip into Yubin's cup, knowing it would be difficult for her to resist that.

"You're such a briber, you know that?" The blue haired girl sighed, taking the cup and taking a sip from it.

"I know, but that also means I know you well" Jiwoo chuckled, sitting down beside Yubin. "What are you reading these for? Didn't you read them like... twice already?"

"I did but... there is something obvious we didn't talk about yet" Yubin explained. "Nara died missing an eye and her neck got snapped... if we put a soul in her body... that won't end well"

"But they're both dead... the whole soul thing is supposed to-" Jiwoo was saying when she realized what Yubin meant. "Solise got poisoned so her body is fine... but a broken neck means a useless body for the transfer of the soul" she mumbled.

"Exactly. So we need a solution for that and I'm no medical genius but... I'm pretty sure that's impossible in human terms" the blue haired vampire sighed.

"That explains why you're reading a book about priestesses" Jiwoo nodded, looking at the title. "Any luck so far?"

"Not really. There is just a lot of useless bullshit in here. I gave Gah the second book to read. She should be upstairs, taking a shower right now"