Chapter 182

After leaving Gahyeon, Yubin, Nara and Solise behind to deal with the scouts, Eir, Adira, Chaesol and Jiwoo made their way to the other side of the mountain, making sure that they wouldn't be spotted. The red and black haired vampire had spent some time in the Nightshades' base so she knew that there was a secret entrance on the backside which led to the prisons. The purpose of it was to bring new prisoners in without having to walk through the whole base with them. But it was also one of the only vulnerable spots.

The Nightshades would definitely have protected it with some good guards, but there was only so much protection you could give to a narrow space like that. They had made sure that their comms with team Overwatch was in place by contacting Handong a few times and the connection seemed stable, meaning they were good to start their part of the mission.

The initial plan was to walk through the prison to enter the base, leaving the prisoners behind with the promise of rescuing them later. When they arrived at the prisons though, Eir realized their plan had to change quickly.

She put an arm in front of Jiwoo who was walking closer to the door and she shook her head.

"There is a soul weaver in the prison" she whispered, closing her eyes to feel her presence better. "Powerful but not enough to be Xena"

Jiwoo looked at her and tried to understand why she pointed that out.

"She's probably one of the one's they captured to make sure we couldn't ressurect Nara and Solise, right?"

"That changes our plan though" Adira intervened, looking at Jiwoo. "We need to make sure she's not around when we fight Xena"

"Why?" The younger vampire asked. "Why is it important that she's not around?"

"They're probably keeping her here to make sure she saves Xena if things end badly for her" Eir explained, leaning closer to Adira, just needing to feel her close. "It will be hard enough to kill her once... I definitely don't want her to be around again because someone saved her soul"

"Right" Jiwoo nodded her head, thinking that was a good enough reason to change the plan. But they couldn't do that without permission of Minji. They were co-leading after all. "Chae, ask Handong to put us in contact with Minji" she ordered.

The younger priestess nodded her head, quickly contacting Handong and Lena.

"Babe, we need to talk with Minji quickly"

"Hey princess, is everything okay?" The reply from the red haired woman quickly came, sounding a bit worried.

"Yeah, we're fine, but we need to change the plan so Jiwoo needs to speak with Minji" Chaesol reassured her.

"I'm putting her through" Handong said, already sounding a bit calmer as a little beep tone was heard.

"Hello?" Minji asked from the other side of the line.

"Minji" Jiwoo called, sounding a bit nervous. "There is a soul weaver in the prisons. Eir and Adira suggested we make sure she's nowhere near the fight when we get to Xena or she could save her soul"

"That sounds like a good idea... How much does it delay the original plan?" the other leader asked, wanting to be sure it was the right thing to do right now.

"I can hear just a few guards... it shouldn't take long" Jiwoo explained, carefully listening to what was happening inside the prison.

"Then go for it. Take the Moonlights with you but keep a few of them outside as back-up" Minji responded. "Thank you for deciding to contact me before going in" she also added, knowing that in the past Jiwoo wasn't always the best in communicating with other leader figures.