Chapter 30

TW: Violence!

30 years ago

Siyeon kept rolling in the bed, unable to sleep. After a few more minutes spent looking at the ceiling she stood up and walked to the window. Her eyes were fixed on another window, the lights were on as every other night and a tiny figure was crouched on the bed. Siyeon couldn't see her, but she could hear.

"Singnie? What are you doing up?" Minji asked, yawning.

"She's crying again" Siyeon said weakly, turning to look at Minji. The older woman stood up and walked towards Siyeon, hugging her.

"She's probably sad about something. Maybe she lost someone important to her. You shouldn't worry about it" she whispered, patting Siyeon's butt. "Come on, back to bed, you're looking like a creep"

Siyeon sighed, and she let Minji drag her to bed again. She covered herself with the blanket and she looked at the ceiling.

"I don't think that's the reason why she cries every night" Siyeon whispered. The older vampire hugged Siyeon closer to her.

"You're cute to worry so much about a human kid" she chuckled. "What do you think the reason is then, Singnie?" Minji added, wanting to hear her out.

"I don't know... I don't want to assume anything but... her parents don't act nice towards her. Can't you hear them yelling at her? And she seems like such a nice kid" Siyeon explained, turning towards Minji. She sighed and turned Siyeon around to face her.

"Every parent yells at their kid from time to time but in the end they always love them. And how do you even know that she's a nice kid? Have you been spying on her?" Minji reasoned, raising her eyebrows.

"You would know that, if you had any interaction at all with people" Siyeon scoffed. "She's always polite, when I come back with the groceries she always asks me if I need help with the bags, and she's always smiling during the day, even though she cries at night" Siyeon explained.

"Excuse me, Singnie? I do have my 'interaction' with people from time to time" Minji said with a wink. "And alright, she does indeed sound like a nice kid"

"I know you have 'interactions' with humans" Siyeon said rolling her eyes "But I was talking about actual interaction... you know, talking with people and stuff" she added, sticking out her tongue.

"You think I don't talk with people? My talking is the thing that makes me end up in their bed, sweetie" Minji joked.

"Oh god, why do I even try to explain this to you?" Siyeon protested, rolling her eyes again. "Let's just go back to sleep! Good night, Minji" she added, placing a kiss on the older woman's lips.

"Come on, wolfie, I was just joking around! Just, tell me more about your thoughts... if your theory sounds plausible we could investigate" Minji said, sitting up on the bed.

Siyeon snapped her head towards Minji and she quickly sat up.

"Really? Would you do that with me?" She asked in a hopeful tone. Minji nodded and Siyeon wanted to give her a hug but the older woman put a hand in between them.

"But" she said, poking Siyeon's nose "your theory needs to sound worth it... and I want another nice little kiss first" the vampire added with a smirk.

Siyeon smiled and grabbed Minji by the collar, pulling her closer. She leaned in, locking lips with the older vampire, moving her lips slowly against hers. Minji smiled and matched her movements, cupping Siyeon's cheek while looking her straight in the eyes.