Chapter 23

M: violence

It was 9pm and Yoohyeon was nervously waiting for 'Jiu', sitting on the little wall in the alley. It was kind of their place now, Yoohyeon thought as she shifted uncomfortably. She took a deep breath and tried to stay calm.

"It's just work, Yooh. You can do it. You just have a common goal and nothing else" the silver haired girl mumbled to herself. She heard some noises and she instinctively looked up, expecting for someone to cover her eyes from behind. But the noise didn't come from the roof, it came from the alley. The black haired vampire was casually walking towards her. No 'guess who' tonight...

"You're here early" Yoohyeon sighed, jumping up from the wall and looking at the masked vampire walking straight towards her. "What's the plan today?" She asked, directly wanting to go to the work side of things.

"Another couple of strays, nothing too difficult" Minji answered weakly. "But Yoohyeon I.. I would like to talk with you. If you want we can wait for after the mission" the vampire asked.

"We'll see how long it takes. I can't decide that now" Yoohyeon coldly responded. "Lead the way"

Minji nodded and started walking, followed by Yoohyeon. After a couple of metres she stopped, opening her arms towards Yoohyeon

"The place is pretty far, we will be there quickly if we use the roofs", she said, hoping that Yoohyeon would accept to hug her. She desperately needed an excuse to feel her close.

"Great, let's use the roofs then" Yoohyeon answered, grabbing onto one of the rain pipes and slowly trying to climb up the building by grabbing onto every little ledge possible.

"Let's say you'll make it to the roof... Do you have any idea of how to jump from roof to roof?" Minji asked with a sad smile as she watched Yoohyeon failing miserably. Climbing definitely wasn't her thing.

"I will... figure that out... when I get... up there" Yoohyeon yelled, using all her strength to pull herself up when one of her hands slipped off the ledge. "Fuck!" She shouted, angry at herself as she put her hand back and kept trying to go up.

Minji looked up at Yoohyeon. She wasn't good at it, but she was so stubborn that she was actually succeeding. She was able to climb for a couple of floors when she had the really bad idea of looking down. She quickly turned back, facing the wall again.

"Y- You can just jump up there. I'll catch up with you" Yoohyeon shouted to Minji as she tried to climb even higher.

"No way I'm doing that! I'm here to catch you if you fall" Minji responded, really worried about the girl. Of course she also had another reason. Yoohyeon was wearing the same revealing outfit as yesterday and let's just say she had a good view of the hunter's exquisite butt.

"It's not like you care" Yoohyeon mumbled to herself, but Minji, being a vampire, heard it.

"I do care, Yooh. Just stop this nonsense. Let me help you get up there. You will need half an hour to get to the roof, other two hours to figure out how to jump to the other roof and god knows how many hours to figure out how to go back on the ground" Minji said with a sigh.

"Oh right forgot you had that super hearing power. Any other power I need to be aware of?" Yoohyeon scoffed, angrily climbing upwards. She didn't need the vampire's help.

"I do have other powers, but I don't think you would like to know" Minji answered, starting to climb the building. She quickly caught up with Yoohyeon, placing herself on the hunter's side.

"Tell me all about them, let's see if there are some other ones I don't like on your list. And what are you doing, weren't you staying down for when I fell?" the hunter challenged, glaring to her side.