Chapter 56

Sorry for the late update

As soon as Minji stopped talking, silence filled the room. No one could find anything to say. Yoohyeon was holding Minji in her arms, resting her head on the vampire's one, while Handong was holding Siyeon's hand as the younger vampire was silently crying, not moving her gaze from the ground.

"I... I don't understand why you-... I'm sorry" Siyeon said, standing up from the couch and running to the kitchen.

"Siyeon!" Minji tried to call, letting out a defeated sigh.

"Babe, you should go talk with her... This... This hit all of us hard, but mostly her. This is your story after all" Yoohyeon smiled, giving a peck on Minji's lips. Handong leaned closer, squeezing Minji's hand with a little smile, signaling that she agreed with Yoohyeon.

"I'll come back to you two after" the oldest vampire whispered, pecking Yoohyeon's lips again and kissing the top of Handong's head before going to the kitchen as well, knocking on the door before entering.

She closed the door behind her back and leaned on it, giving Siyeon the space she needed.

"Singnie... you promised" Minji whispered "You promised me you would tell me how you feel, what you think..."

"I promised you I would try my best. I just... I don't understand why you would want to go through all of that for a little girl like me"

"What are you talking about?" Minji asked, stepping a little bit closer to Siyeon "You weren't 'a little girl'... we were friends, we were close... we were and we are soulmates" Minji whispered, trying to lock eyes with Siyeon.

"Minji I thought you did all of that for yourself, to escape but now... why did you sacrifice the whole village... for me?" The younger vampire whispered.

"Because the village wasn't doing anything for you, for me... for us" Minji said, raising a little her voice. "I had no reason to fight for them! They were treating me as a weapon and your life was at stake every single time!" she ended up yelling, locking eyes with Siyeon.

"Even though I don't fully understand yet" Siyeon started saying, standing up and walking to Minji to hug her. "Thank you, for everything you did, for telling us, for being you. You're amazing and that thing inside of you... that's not my Minji"

Minji wrapped her arms around Siyeon's shoulders, pulling her closer and sighing.

"That thing... is still here. She never left. And sometimes... it's really hard to keep her in. In the past when you or Gahyeon were in danger... I wanted to release her but... But I can't control her and I was scared that she could hurt you two as well" Minji admitted, weakly.

"Hey, that's really good of you. Minji is stronger than that Red Lotus beast anyway. My Minji..." Siyeon said, cupping Minji's cheeks and kissing her forehead.

"You have no idea... of how strong she is" Minji whispered, shaking her head. She looked in Siyeon's eyes and pulled her even closer. "I said something to you earlier... and I want you to remember that. I don't regret anything I did. Not one single thing" she whispered, squeezing Siyeon's waist lightly. "I would raise hell on earth all over again to save you"

"I know you would, but this time your group got a bit bigger, Minji" Siyeon chuckled. "There's me but also Gahyeon, Yoohyeon, Handong, Bora and... Yubin as well"

Minji smiled and nodded.

"And this time... I won't leave anyone behind" she whispered as tears streamed down her face. "No one will need to sacrifice for us, this time"

"We didn't leave them behind, Minji... They were right there with us at the border... I don't know what happened but, they were there. And honestly... sometimes I still think about them. I wonder what Jiwoo and Felix would've done" Siyeon smiled, reassuring Minji.