Chapter 10

Siyeon left her little sister's room and sighed. Although it may not have looked like it, Minji didn't like doing this sort of stuff at all. In fact, she hated it but she knew that this was her role as leader of their group. Siyeon went to their room and softly knocked on the door.

"Baby?" Siyeon softly asked.

"Leave me alone" Minji replied weakly, sniffling a little. Siyeon sighed and opened the door, carefully walking in. She closed the door and she made a few steps forward

"I'm not leaving you alone right now" Siyeon stated, shaking her head. She got in bed with Minji and hugged her from behind. Minji weakly protested, trying to unwrap Siyeon's hand from her waist but the younger girl held her tightly.

"Hey, Minji... I know how you feel right now" Siyeon whispered, kissing her neck.

"No. No you don't, Siyeon!" Minji said, suddenly raising her voice. How could she know how this felt? "I had to make her believe that she was about to die... she... she crawled back in fear when I tried to help her out after that" Minji yelled. Siyeon just hugged her tighter, resting her head in the crook of Minji's neck, giving it another few pecks.

"I know, Minji... I was like that too when you first did that to me... I didn't talk to you for a few days. It's normal, bunny" Siyeon tried to comfort her.

"You only had me. You needed me to survive. She doesn't... she has you. She will be scared of me, she will hate me" Minji said weakly, thinking that just a couple of hours ago, the pink haired girl was talking to her about her day, trusting her.

"Minji... she needs you too! I'm sure she will understand. And... I still need you too, Minji" Siyeon whispered, seeing her friend like this hurt her.

"You don't" Minji stated weakly and when Siyeon tried to protest Minji cut her off. "You were about to fight me tonight, Siyeon. You...you don't understand what that means for me" she said weakly, putting some distance between them.

"But I didn't right? I didn't fight you! It was hard but I knew that you did what was needed. I fight myself for YOU, Minji" Siyeon desperately tried to explain.

"You said to her that she shouldn't challenge me anymore, because next time you won't be able to control yourself" Minji said, turning around and facing Siyeon with a blank expression. 250 years of being a vampire and Siyeon was still surprised by the fact that Minji heard her say that.

"Minji I-" Siyeon tried to say but Minji left the bed and walked towards the door.

"Not tonight Lee, not tonight" she sighed opening the door and turning around. "I'll go sleep at Handong's tonight" she added closing the door.

Siyeon let her back drop on the bed again, she put her hands on her face and she let herself break down. She knew Minji was right, what she said was true. A real fight between the two of them would be the destruction of the group. Siyeon knew what she was supposed to do and how she was supposed to act... but when it comes to Gahyeon she couldn't bring herself to stand back.

She let her tears flow as she recalled Minji's last words. She called her Lee. Not Siyeon, not babe, not Singnie... just Lee. That once again stressed how much she had hurt her best friend. Her friend that she had known for over 200 years.

She tried to cry herself to sleep, but she just couldn't. The bed felt empty and the guilt of what she said was eating her alive. She stood up from her bed and walked to Gahyeon's room. She laid down on her sister's bed and she hugged her tightly, trying to not wake her up. She couldn't sleep alone... not tonight.

In the meantime Minji had arrived at Handong's bar, not too far from their house. She knocked on the door a few times, hoping the woman would come open it soon.