Chapter 180: The sister of Silver Wrath

Hello everyone. Here we are again with yet another flashback. We promise this is the last one before the final battle but we kind of needed to recollect our thoughts and get back into the story. So we had some fun further exploring the past of our two favorite ancient vampires. Mainly focussing on Nara and her sister Malia. This kind of explains how she came to be who she is now. Don't worry though, the battle is coming!

We worked really hard on this so we would love some feedback after you read this. Thank you for waiting for us.

Much love, Nyle and Cristina ♥

TW: Fighting, some not too explicit disturbing scenes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xena had always considered herself cursed. She was a powerful priestess even though she still wasn't well known in the Phantom clan. That wasn't bothering her though... she thought about herself as a puppeteer and right now she was just connecting her strings to the different puppets in the clan.

Many powerful people already knew her and many more already asked about her for a lot of jobs that no one else wanted to do. She knew it was only a matter of time... she would be known and she would be powerful.

The reason why she considered herself cursed though, were her daughters. The firstborn didn't have any powers whatsoever and the second one was barely able to use her useless one. She had already thrown the first daughter out of the house and she was about to do the same with the second one.

She entered her house after a long day spent outside and she wasn't surprised to find the child asleep on the couch. She was so weak that using her powers drained her.

"You didn't do even half of what I asked you" she said, grabbing Malia's arm and pulling her up to wake her up.

"I'm s-sorry" the sleepy kid apologized, startled and scared because she was rudely awakened. Once she saw who was pulling her up she calmed down a little but not too much. "M-my body just-"

"Your apologies won't bring money" her mother cut her off. "If you want to eat and to have something to wear, you better finish your task right now"

"I already h-have clothes... You don't need to get me new ones" Malia tried to argue. Maybe if she didn't ask for new clothes then she would need to work less.

The older woman bent down to get closer to Malia and she used her nails to cut the back of the shirt the girl was using.

"Now you need more clothes" she simply stated, walking to the kitchen and pouring some blood in a cup for herself. "Work"

"M-mom" Malia whined, putting her hands on her shoulders so at least the front of the shirt would stay on. "I'm t-tired... I can't"

"You barely created anything today!" Xena raised her voice, grabbing a few of the items Malia created using her powers, causing one of them to break. "And low quality ones. Why isn't this regenerating itself, Malia?" She growled, looking at the broken item.

"I- I told you... I'm only a kid and I'm not supposed to make a lot of t-this stuff" Malia whispered.

"I'm your mother and I decide what you're supposed to do" Xena hissed, throwing the broken item on the ground. "Do your job or you won't eat tonight as well"

"Why are you doing this?" the kid asked, looking down. "Do you think that your punishments will help me? Why do you do this?"

Xena crouched down, grabbing Malia's face with her hand and locking eyes with her.