Chapter 43

Siyeon was wiping away some dust from her shirt after the training with Yubin when she got suddenly smacked behind the head.

"And you call THAT a training? You think you taught her something?" Bora yelled, looking furious.

"I taught her that she shouldn't mess with me. And in doing so I measured her skill" Siyeon defended herself with a scoff when Bora hit her head again.

"And how did you measure her skill exactly? You didn't even let her get up! That wasn't a training Siyeon, it was a fight. And it was a vampire versus human fight!" Bora yelled again.

"I measured it! And I concluded that she's not ready to fight strong vampires, but don't worry, I'll make her ready" Siyeon responded.

"How? Killing her before the actual fight?" Bora scoffed, crossing her arms on her chest. "Look, I didn't stop the fight because I know Yubin is so damn proud that she would have hated me for that... but you were out of control, Siyeon" Bora said angrily.

"Maybe I was... I admit that. But I won't kill her. I might not like her but... we need her and you and Gahyeon love her" the vampire tried to calm her down.

"Damn right I love her. And I'm telling you, Siyeon, I will be a pain in the ass for you if something happens to her. So you better get her ready for the fight" Bora threatened, but her voice got a little bit softer.

"Hey, I promise you I'll prepare her. I don't hate her anymore... she... she showed me how much she cared about my sister..." she admitted.

Bora sighed, walking closer to Siyeon and taking two handfuls of the vampire's shirt.

"You finally opened your eyes. She's been trying to show you that for weeks. If she knew she had to let you beat her up to show it, I'm sure she would have done that sooner" Bora said, resting her head on Siyeon's chest.

"Weren't you angry at me? Why are you suddenly putting your head on my chest? I messed up, right?" Siyeon whispered.

"You did. But you admitted it and you said you don't hate Yubin anymore" Bora replied. "And I missed you" she whispered, tightening her grip on Siyeon's shirt. The truth was that they didn't have the chance to talk about what happened during the big meeting. Bora had called Siyeon 'her girl' and the vampire didn't really look happy about it.

"I missed you too. It's been so long since we had a one-on-one talk. I... I feel like I kind of neglected you and I'm sorry for that" the vampire admitted.

Bora raised her shoulders, not wanting to look at Siyeon in the eyes.

"You probably had your reasons to do that" she said weakly.

"I had a reason but... it shouldn't have come between us. So I'm sorry, Bora"

"What was that reason?" Bora asked, not wanting to let Siyeon off so easily. "If I get put aside, I would like to know why" she whispered.

"Just... Gahyeon leaving us and then Minji that... she just upset me in a fight, don't worry too much about it. I'm over it and I'm happy to be here with you"

"Is this about the fact that you and Minji still kiss each other?" Bora said, sounding defeated. Yoohyeon told her the night she spoke with Minji about that. She needed to vent and she thought that Bora deserved to know.

"We don't anymore actually. She said she couldn't anymore" the vampire admitted.

"But you could?" Bora asked in a whisper, still resting her head on Siyeon's chest, because she didn't want to look up.