Chapter 184

Sorry for the long wait again. Life got busy and motivation is starting to slowly come back. We hope you enjoy

"I don't have a good feeling about this" Siyeon whispered as they left the control room. It was too easy and there weren't many vampires around. There were a good amount of them but definitely less than you would expect.

It had been their mission to infiltrate the mountain and get to the control room so they could open the main entrance while the other teams went to do their tasks. During their whole mission they had kept contact with Overwatch and got updated on everyone's progress. But then as they were inside of the mountain, there was a huge explosion and they needed to hide so pieces of rocks wouldn't fall on them. Whatever had happened had caused a serious blast.

After the explosion Bora tried to get in contact with the Overwatch team but the line was disconnected and that was what was worrying them the most.

"Now that we messed up their control room, I think we should focus on finding the others. Not knowing where they are means we'll fight blindly" the blonde haired woman suggested, looking at Minji.

The older vampire nodded her head, also not having the best of feelings. If the explosion had been so powerful as to shake the base of the mountain and disconnect their communication, the chances of people being injured were rather high.

"I agree. If we fight Xena we need to know where everyone is to avoid unexpected outcomes" she agreed, checking the room one last time to make sure they had done everything they needed to do.

"If... if someone got badly hurt, you have no way to feel that, right? Unless it's Gahyeon" Bora asked, realizing they were in different packs.

"Gahyeon's fine" Siyeon said, sounding relieved that nothing had happened to her sister. At least, her bond didn't give her any signs that she was hurt. "But we can't check on the others..."

The brunette nodded her head as Yoohyeon wrapped her arm around her.

"Hey, I'm sure Yubs and Jiwoo are fine" she smiled, knowing Bora was worried about them because Yubin was her sister and Jiwoo became one of her closest friends in the last month.

Before Bora could respond Minji got their attention, already at the exit of the control room. She said that worrying about who was okay or not was useless right now. They just needed to go see that for themselves.

The three women nodded and followed their leader outside, knowing she was right. Whatever happened, wasn't in their control anymore... the best thing they could do was find the others and win this war.

On their way back outside of the mountain they had to fight a few stragglers. They didn't pose any threat since most of them were weakened anyway and there were a few Moonlights who were clearing out the entrance hall. Once outside Minji looked up, not able to see any smoke from an explosion because the mountain was probably blocking it.

They decided to go towards where the sound of the explosion came from and after a long run they found themselves in front of a dam on a dry lake. Before they could decide whether they should cross it or not, they saw a familiar figure standing in the middle of the dam, desperately looking around.

"Chae?" Siyeon called out, being the first one that noticed the girl. What was she doing all the way out here? Wasn't she supposed to be at the backside of the mountain?

Chaesol looked towards the group, looking completely out of it.

"W-Where is she?" she asked, clenching her fist. "Where is the priestess?"