Chapter 160

After the movie Alex had picked finished and the four had a great time together, Gahyeon showed the boy where the bathroom was, letting him bathe by himself before putting him to bed in Minji and Siyeon's room. While Gahyeon was doing that, Yubin and Adira were still on the couch, cleaning the mess of sweets and cookies that was on the table. It was pretty funny to think that that mess was solely because of Yubin and Gahyeon since Adira and Alex obviously couldn't eat any of those things.

"So I think that's everything" Yubin sighed, letting herself drop in the couch, sweating a little from the cleaning she just did.

"Let me tell you... that amount of sweets you and your girl ate, can't be healthy" Adira chuckled, trying to stretch her arms, momentarily forgetting about the restraint and sighing right after.

"I think we train enough so we need all that sugar and I'm sure we won't get fat" the blue haired woman argued with a smile. "And most importantly, it's tasty"

"I wouldn't know about that" Adira countered, taking a sip from the cup Yubin brought her when they were done watching the movie. "But the fact that you work out doesn't mean you're healthy. To be a good warrior you should-... Who's blood is this?" she asked all of the sudden, realizing it wasn't just animal's blood.

"It's mine, I know normal blood helps the healing process" Yubin replied with a smile.

"Thank you" Adira nodded, taking another sip of blood, before putting the cup on the table beside the couch. "I really appreciate everything you girls are doing for me without even knowing me"

"You're Siyeon's mother, of course we would help you out, that's not even a question" the younger girl chuckled, wondering why she thought that would be a problem. "And since you're Siyeon's family, you're automatically part of ours"

"I'm so happy Siyeon found a family like this one. She is finally having the family she deserves" Adira whispered, turning the tv off.

"Hey, you have to look at it in its context, Adira. Where she grew up can't even be compared to this domesticated life"

"But I could have done more" Siyeon's mother said with a sigh. "Anyway... what did you want to talk to me about?

"Well... I assume that you know the most about all the dynamics and stuff so... I had a question concerning Jiwoo" Yubin said after clearing her throat.

"Jiwoo? Sure, you can ask me" the older vampire said, nodding.

"I know that they say that you can't love again after losing a mate but... is that actually true or is it just another lie fabricated by some old generation of vamps?"

"I think it's not a 'rule'... I mean, most of the vampires who lose a mate never fall in love again. We don't know if it's something that just can't happen or if we don't want it to happen. The guilt of having sworn loyalty to someone for eternity and then finding someone else... is something that breaks you inside"

"So technically it could happen?" Yubin asked with a little smile. "It's not proven?"

"There is no way to prove it. There are vampires who said they found love again but no one believed them" Adira said, shaking her head. "But if you're asking this for Jiwoo... don't get your hopes up, kid"

"I'm not hoping that she finds someone. I was just hoping on a possibility for her to love again in the future, maybe near future" the younger vampire said, shifting in her seat. "And... there's also another thing I wanted to talk to you about..."

"She won't allow herself to fall in love again" Adira sighed, shaking her head. "What was the second thing?"

"Still same subject but... other topic and people" the younger girl chuckled, a little shy. "Uhm... How do you... m-mark?"