Chapter 72

Answers to the previous QOTD

Nyle: Silver all the way but otherwise all kinds of light brown are beautiful on her... or blonde... or... xD
Cristina: Grey hair all the way

The same morning, Handong woke up feeling a huge weight on her chest. She had barely slept all night and she couldn't stop thinking about Gahyeon and Bora. She tried her best to be strong, not to show that she was worried because the group was slowly falling apart but she was worried sick and she needed to let go. She was able to act strong in front of Minji and Siyeon, but now that they weren't there... she could let go. She tried to cry silently, not letting out her sobs because she was sleeping in Chaesol's bed with her.

Truth was that she felt horrible ever since Gahyeon was gone, and now Bora being gone as well didn't make it better. She cared so much about the tiny vampire and the tiny hunter was growing on her as well. She didn't want to appear weak because that would mean that Minji or Siyeon had to comfort her and the Chinese thought that to be a waste of time.

She wiped away the tears from her cheeks but she wasn't able to stop crying. She needed to let it all out but after 10 minutes she still wasn't able to stop. She had kept it hidden for way too long and now she was paying the price of that choice. The Chinese girl was used to cry alone, in silence but right now she felt like she needed someone.

She felt something shift beside her, knowing that Chaesol was probably starting to wake up. Handong used the covers to hide her face so that if she did, she wouldn't notice anything.

The Chinese girl held her breath, hoping that Chaesol wouldn't wake up right now because of her crying. There were a few seconds of complete silence and shortly after Handong felt an arm wrapping around her shoulder, pulling her closer. She panicked a little, thinking that Chaesol was hugging her in her sleep, when she was startled by a soft voice.

"It's okay" the other girl whispered, gently stroking Handong's arm with her hand.

Handong didn't know what to do or say, the only thing that did happen was that she started blushing. She realized that she hadn't slept in anyone's bed since Minji, and that it was really unusual to be hugged in the morning.

"You can let it all out" Chaesol whispered again "You have the right to" she added, knowing that Handong was trying to be strong for everyone else, but she was falling apart inside. In this aspect, they were really similar.

Handong pressed her back into Chaesol's front, basically asking the girl to hold her, without using words.

Chaesol replied to her silent request by pulling the Chinese woman closer, daring to wrap her arm around her waist.

"Is this okay?" she asked, to be sure that Handong was comfortable.

"It's okay. It's warm. You're warm, Chae" Handong whispered, closing her eyes.

"Am I?" Chaesol whispered, sounding a little bit surprised. "No one ever told me that... well, it's not like I've slept with many people" she whispered with a chuckle.

"You stayed loyal. But yes, your body feels really warm against mine"

Chaesol couldn't help but blush at those words... and she wasn't one to blush.

"Well I... I tried to be loyal. Sometimes I slipped... But it wasn't anything more than sex so... there wasn't really the chance to cuddle" she whispered.

"You slipped? I really didn't expect that" Handong replied, not even knowing why she said that.

"Seven years... are long" Chaesol whispered, feeling a little bit ashamed. "We promised each other not to love anyone else... but we said we were free to, you know, have 'relationships' " she added, "I've kept my promise... I never loved anyone else. But yeah, I had sex with other women"