Chapter 183

TW: Major character death

Everything Chaesol could think about was the way her ears were ringing. Her vision was blurry and her body hurt. When she realized what that loud noise meant, she reacted as quickly as she could. A thick vine grabbed each one of the other members of the group, pulling them closer to her as she built a sort of ball around them using the thicker vines she could manage to create. In the chaos of the moment, she knew she wasn't able to reach everyone and she also knew someone willingly escaped her vine.

She was trying to stand up and to understand what happened when she noticed Eir was desperately crawling to the side while Jiwoo was laying still on her back. Tears falling down her cheeks while her hand was clenched on her heart.

"D-did everyone... make it" Chaesol whispered, moving her head with a lot of effort to try and find the members she hadn't seen yet. She wasn't sure if Einar, Adira and the soul weaver made it.

Jiwoo was totally unable to reply because of the pain in her chest. She was overwhelmed by the huge amount of different emotions she was feeling. Her own pain, Yubin's confusion... She knew exactly what happened because as a leader she could feel it. But it was something too strong to face... she just couldn't. Not again.

"A-Adira" Eir whispered, crawling towards two bodies laid on the ground.

"D-don't... It's not safe" Einar warned her because now and then some metal debris fell down. At the same time half of his shirt had disintegrated and there was a huge burn mark on his side.

"S-Shut up!" Eir growled, having seen what happened. She tried her best not to let her rage take over as she thought about the way Adira dodged Chaesol's vine because Einar was in danger.

"Eir-... Watch out!" The man warned her again, seeing that a huge piece of metal was about to fall down on top of her. So to prevent that he reached for his spear and hurled it with a pained grunt, knocking the metal object off course.

Eir stopped for a second before she started crawling again. She didn't care about what was going to happen to her. She had to reach Adira.

"D-Don't move her" she said, locking eyes with Einar. The black haired woman was laid on top of him but she wasn't moving.

The Moonlight nodded his head, trying to focus on his breathing. That was a pretty hard task with the burn on his side.

"A-Adira?" He whispered, hoping that she would answer.

The black haired woman didn't reply, but she moved her hand just enough to be sure he would notice.

"W-why? I-... I was p-protecting you" the older vampire whispered. "You... n-needed to be safe"

"I d-did... what I f-felt-" Adira tried to say, feeling a lot of pain in her neck. She was experienced enough to understand what the situation was. She couldn't feel anything from her waist down and there was something hurting her neck. That meant she wasn't healing and that the smallest movement would kill her.

"You s-shouldn't have" Einar whispered, also understanding the situation they were in. His ex-wife was on top of him and she had given her life to save him.

"D-Don't l-leave your d-daughter again" Adira managed to say. "Be there... f-for her"

The man nodded, not able to form any words. They had only just reunited and another tragedy was tearing their family apart.

"E-Eir?" The black haired woman called, slowly moving her hand as if she was trying to reach for her.

"Don't move" the priestess told her, having gotten to her in the meantime. "W-we'll get you out of here"