Chapter 22

The next morning Minji woke up and went downstairs. She noticed that Siyeon didn't sleep in the same bed as her tonight, again. She really wondered what was up with her friend. When she went downstairs she saw Siyeon sitting there at the table, sipping on some blood like always. Minji flashed a little smile in her direction.

"Good morning Singnie" she said, walking past her to get some blood herself. She knew she probably wasn't getting a morning kiss anyway.

"Good morning" the younger vampire replied, looking up to Minji for a few seconds, before fixing her gaze on her glass of blood.

"You didn't sleep in our room tonight" Minji dared to say with a defeated tone and Siyeon shrugged.

"You weren't home anyway. I slept with my sister" Siyeon replied with a neutral tone. Minji nodded, Siyeon was right. But she still didn't understand. She stood up and went to stand behind Siyeon, putting both hands over her shoulders and leaning forward so her head rested on one of the younger vampire's shoulders.

"Hey, what's bothering you, Singnie?" Minji asked.

"You said you would show me how much you care about me, last night... And you weren't even home, Minji" Siyeon said, not moving. Her hands were still wrapped around the glass.

"I came home really late and I apologize for that. I wanted to make it up to you but... you weren't in our bed. I really want to show you that I care about you a lot because it seems like you forgot that" Minji whispered with a smile, squeezing Siyeon's shoulders with her hands.

"Of course I wasn't in our bed. What did you expect? That you could come home at 2am and find me there, awake, in our bed, waiting for you?" Siyeon asked, suddenly standing up, removing Minji's hands from her shoulders and walking towards the sink to put down her empty glass.

"Siyeon... you've been acting weird ever since I told you about Yoohyeon. You know that this collaboration could mean that we get a chance to end the Nightshades' leader once and for all right? And I'm sorry I wasn't there for you last night. I will be here at midnight tonight for you, I promise" Minji said, walking towards her. She didn't like Siyeon being like this.

"Should I trust your word this time?" Siyeon asked, looking up at Minji. The older vampire nodded, hugging Siyeon tightly.

"You should. Midnight, in our bedroom. I'll be there" Minji said confidently, kissing the top of Siyeon's head.

"I will be really angry if you are not there Minji" Siyeon said with a little chuckle, turning around to face her and grabbing her by the waist. "Really angry" she repeated.

Minji chuckled and nodded.

"I know, that's why I'll make sure to be here on time!" the older vampire replied with a smile. She really cared about Siyeon and there was no way she wanted to disappoint her.

"You better" Siyeon laughed, looking her in the eyes. "Do you not want your morning kiss anymore?" she asked with a pout.

"You know I can't function without it" Minji replied with a smile and she poked her finger on her lips, bending down a little.Siyeon smirked and waited a little before locking lips.

"I always wondered, why is it like that?" she dared to ask.

"I don't know! Humans can't function without coffee and I can't function without my morning kiss" Minji replied with a pout.

"I'm pretty sure you made that up Minji. How did you function before we start-" Siyeon wanted to tease when Minji pulled her closer all of the sudden.