Chapter 12

TW: Violence and foul language

7 years ago

As Minji ran, carrying Siyeon on her shoulders she cursed herself. After two years in the same hideout they were being chased out and Minji hadn't been able to protect their home this time. She looked at her side and Gahyeon was running beside her, completely out of breath, but luckily enough she wasn't badly injured. Siyeon, on the other hand, was...

"Minji, what happened? I heard Siyeon scream and you just told me to run" Gahyeon asked, trying to keep up the pace but her breathing and stamina were slowly failing her.

Minji noticed Gahyeon couldn't run for much longer and Minji was tired too. They needed to stop for a while, just to catch their breath. Minji quickly looked behind her back and she couldn't see anyone. They had outran them, for now...

"Stop here" Minji quickly said "We need to catch our breath and Siyeon needs to feed". Gahyeon nodded her head, rolling up her sleeves, ready to give her arm to her sister. But when Minji gently dropped Siyeon on the ground, Gahyeon gasped in fear.

"W-What happened to her?" she yelled, dropping on her knees to take her sister in her arms. Minji sighed looking at her best friend who was barely conscious.

"Those fucks found out base... they blew a hole in the wall Siyeon was standing against and stabbed her in the thigh when they entered and found her so she couldn't run... they... they almost had her" Minji explained looking at the blood that was all over her.

Gahyeon wrapped her arms around her sister and pulled her on her knees. She held her wrist in front of Siyeon's face, pushing it against her sister's lips.

"Drink sis" she gently said, trying to use a steady voice. Siyeon could barely keep her eyes open, she pierced Gahyeon's skin and she drank just the amount of blood that she needed to stay conscious. She knew this wasn't over... she couldn't fight so Gahyeon needed all the strength for herself. She wasn't trained to fight, but Minji would need help for this one.

"Don't... d-drink... m-more... w-won't.... he-... al" Siyeon tried to say and Gahyeon couldn't help but feel bad.

"I know Gahyeon but she is right. If you want us to survive, that is all she needs right now" Minji said.

Gahyeon nodded weakly, holding her sister tightly.

"W-What do we do? Where do we go Minji? We don't have a home anymore..." Gahyeon asked, feeling completely lost.

"I don't know Gahyeon...but we will find a way, we always do" Minji replied, trying to convince herself more than Gahyeon "I will figure it out. But for now we need to find a place to hide. Siyeon can't fight and I'm... I don't have a lot of strength left" Minji admitted. The younger girl held out her arm for Minji

"Drink" she said weakly, as Minji shook her head "Minji..you are the only chance we have to get out of this alive. D-Drink, please" Gahyeon pleaded.

"Gahyeon I am not using you as a living blood pack!" Minji yelled in a stern voice. "Pick Siyeon up we need to get going"

Gahyeon let her sister on the ground, standing up and walking to Minji. She held out her arm again

"I can't fight, Minji... so for now, all I can do is be your living blood pack" she said with a sad smile "Please... drink as much as you need, to have the energy to fight" Minji shook her head again.

"Right now we need to run. I'll drink if we need to fight, and only then" Minji said. The younger girl gave in and nodded her head.

"So now just pick your sister up and follow me" Minji repeated when Siyeon spoke up again.