Chapter 161

After the whole situation with Bora disappearing was resolved, the four women returned to their cottage, not really talking a lot. Bora of course couldn't talk that well yet and the other three knew what would happen as soon as they got home. Siyeon was carrying Bora and since she left the earliest, they got home first, immediately going to their room where she put her girlfriend in the bed to rest.

She sat down beside Bora and she just looked at her, gently cupping her cheek and caressing it with her thumb.

"You really need to stop making me worry like that" she whispered faintly. "I lose my mind a little bit more every time you disappear"

"I'm not choosing... to disappear" the brunette replied, looking to the side and thinking about something Siyeon told her when she found her. All of this was just another reason for the blonde that the sooner Bora got turned, the better.

"I know... but it keeps happening and you keep being in danger" the vampire whispered. "If you weren't human... you would have been able to fight them, just enough for me to get to you when they entered the room"

"My life wasn't in danger... they meant n-no harm" Bora whispered with a little smile. "But before you get angry, no, what... they did was not okay"

"It wasn't and okay, they meant no harm but we have an entire clan after us, Bora" Siyeon countered, sounding firm. "Who do you think will be the first they'll try to take out? You're the only human left... you're the easiest one to kill"

"Stop calling me weak, Siyeon. You always said you'll... give me the time to make up my mind" the hunter said with a hoarse voice, not able to really move her body yet.

"Not everyone has the chance to make up their minds. Yoohyeon did and she chose what to do. Yubin didn't and she was lucky Jiwoo was there to turn her on time" Siyeon stated, feeling like Bora wasn't getting the point. "We won't always be lucky. If you get deadly injured and no one is there to turn you-..." she said, not able to finish her sentence. "I will... I will turn you before the battle, in the comfort of our house, where I'm sure you'll wake up safe and sound" she stated.

"Would you become human permanently if it gave you an advantage in a fight?" The brunette countered, not wanting to look at her girlfriend because she didn't like the pressure that was put on her at all.

"I'm not talking about an advantage, I'm talking about survival" Siyeon replied, raising her voice. "You are a human with a crossbow, for god's sake! They will go straight for your neck as soon as they see you in the battle"

"I need to rest, Siyeon... can you please just... give me my space?"

The blonde woman instinctively pushed the chair next to her against the wall, definitely too strongly because it broke in half. She stood still and walked to the other side of the room, sitting down on another chair and looking at the ground, not saying anything else.

Bora rolled her eyes at the action deciding to not comment on it when she saw Minji and Yoohyeon arriving through the window.

"What happened between you three?" She dared to ask, doing her best to move her head and face her girlfriend.

"Minji cares only about her mate, that's what happened" Siyeon replied, still feeling really angry about the fight and what just happened with Bora definitely didn't help.

"The same argument as before that was repeatedly proven wrong?" The hunter sighed. "Is Nara acting up again?"

"No, she's being silent" Siyeon replied, not looking at Bora.

"Then why do you think that again?"

"Because I blamed Yoohyeon when you disappeared and Minji cared more about me threatening her mate than about you being gone" Siyeon stated, glaring at the two women through the window.